VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:29:05 03/26/18 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~

This week's 3M let's me know that I would be TOTALLY lost in this situation.

"A Boy Called Po"

"A Boy Called Po" is a quiet movie, but definitely delivers the experience of what it must be like to be a single parent, dealing with a tragedy while raising a child with autism. I can't imagine what it must be like to not be able to fully connect with someone that you truly love and want to take care of. It's a challenge that I think would be beyond me.

The movie is about an engineer father who's wife has just passed away from an illness, and he's been left to care for their son on his own. It's clear that he loves the boy with all his heart, but money is tight, projects have to be completed at work so he can keep his job, and he's still trying to deal with the untimely death of his wife. Meanwhile, his son seems to be drifting more and more, and may reach a point where he retreats so far into his autism that there will be no way to retrieve him or get him to come back. Making for a nearly impossible challenge to be dealt with while the clock is ticking.

Now, this movie has it's comical parts...but it's not a comedy. It definitely has it's sad parts...but it's not depressing where it'll bring you down for a week and a half after watching. Promise. It's just an in depth look at a loving parent who is trying to balance work, finances, and 'life', all while pouring as much love and attention into his son as he possibly can. It takes patience, and strength, and I found myself really appreciating that as I watched this movie. What can I say? I was moved. :)

So, feel free to check it out when you get a chance! And enjoy!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.