VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:52:03 03/26/18 Mon
Author: PeteIM
Subject: William Drake - I think we owe each other an apology...

I apologize for removing your post (which has been replaced, word for word). You are using a VPN/Proxy that hides your true location. That is allowed. In fact, it is encouraged. But you chose one that is using locations that have been reported as Spam, Bots and Bad Players by the web security community.

We get numerous trolling messages a day at the Shack and we go out of our way to remove them before anyone's security is compromised. That is the main reason for the board being moderated. When I deleted your posts, I sent a message to Comsie telling him why I did it. Comsie approved your posts and wrote back to me, vouching for you.

This could easily have been avoided if you would have used a safe, reputable VPN, such as Hola, a free VPN (hola.org). Hola is available for iOS and Android, as well as virtually any PC platform or browser. No, I don't have any stock in Hola.

Let me demonstrate. Go to Google.com and type the following (don't type the information within the parenthses):
= = =

who is 104.131.93.134 (using free Hola VPN - this is the IP that I used to reinstate your message)

vs.

who is 178.175.129.91 (using an unknown VPN - this is the IP that you used to post your deleted message)

= = =
The first IP comes up as safe, even though it shows it is a VPN, but the second IP has numerous responses from the Abuse IP Data Base (AbuseIPDB). I clicked on one of the reporting services and found this:

https://db-ip.com/178.175.129.91

If you look at the response to the AbuseIPDB entry, you will see why I deleted your message. It showed that the IP you used was not safe and should not be trusted.

By the way, if your VPN is using unsafe connections, is your device (phone, tablet, computer) safe? It is possible that your personal information has been compromised.

Finally, all of the IP addresses you are using are reporting as Bad Players. I've checked six IPs so far.

Be safe out there.

Pete

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.