VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:41:41 03/27/18 Tue
Author: Comicality
Subject: Well, see...what you're saying, Tj, defeats your own argument
In reply to: Tj 's message, "The problem ain't guns. It's our society and culture" on 13:58:26 03/24/18 Sat

You claim that it's our culture, and our society, and our teenagers, etc etc...

But don't you get it? That's even MORE reason to have stronger gun regulation! If we're such a violent and aggressive culture, if teens are so isolated and easily corrupted...then we should be MORE careful of who we give automatic weapons to! Your whole argument doesn't make any sense at all on the other side of the line. None.

Living here, I have a LOT of younger cousins that I look after and babysit on a weekly basis. If a 7 year old came to me and asked, "Hey, where are the matches in this house?" Do you think I'd just flippantly say, "Oh, they're in the drawer by the washing machine!" FUCK no! What do you need matches for??? Let me take a moment to assess whether or not he or she is gonna burn the friggin' HOUSE down before I give them the tools of destruction! And that's ALL we're asking for! "Hey, before we give you a totally unnecessary weapon, capable of murdering hundreds of people with little to no effort...let's check you out and make sure that you don't have a history of violent behavior or mental illness."

EVERY single person on the Shack who's reading this...raise your hand if you think that's unreasonable! Please...let me know why that's too much to ask.

We're not saying people can't buy and own guns. But there should be a limit, and a process involved. We freak out over North Korea having nukes, but don't use that same discretion when the guy next door has an assault rifle and lives five minutes away from the nearest middle school???

Be honest with yourself! If the NRA didn't make a massive profit off of gun sales, this wouldn't be an issue. I DARE you to deny it! They profit off of arming people who are constantly running around being afraid of 'everything'. And those are the most dangerous people on Earth.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.