VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:38:25 04/13/18 Fri
Author: Mike
Subject: Love, Simon

OK, so this LGBT themed movie came out recently. It's got a lot of attention in the LGBT community. It's based on a book by Becky Albertalli called Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. But the title of the Movie is Love, Simon.

It's about a 17 year old closeted gay high school student who's forced to balance his friends, his family, his mysterious (and also gay) email pen pal 'Blue', and the boy threatening to reveal his true sexuality to the whole school, unless Simon sets him up with one of his female friends.

It was pretty fun and passed on 90 minutes. I'm not sure it's something I'd go to the movie theater to watch though, unless you're up for watching a drama? For me it's rare that I'd watch anything other than a action / SCI FI or horror flick at the cinema. But I definitely would recommend it to you guys to watch. It's rare to see a mainstream LGBT themed movie. Especially one big enough to make a name for itself at the theater. A lot of LGBT themed films are poorly produced, have shitty budgets and mediocre acting. This one could have been any popular high school comedy drama, but with a gay slant to it.

Anyway, here's the trailer. And an head's up to Cirrus and Pete who made posts on this film, here, months ago. It's out now if you didn't know. :P

Oh, and here's something you might not know. Nick Robinson who plays 'Simon' has a brother who came out to him as gay while Nick was in the middle of making this movie. How surreal is that!?

Anyway here's the trailer.

Now excuse me while I hurry off to Netflix, cause Lost In Space is FINALLY up!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.