VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:23:33 04/13/18 Fri
Author: Mike
Subject: Just seen the first episode! Spoilers inside... (no plot spoilers, but general impression of episode 1)
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Just a reminder! XD" on 03:22:18 04/12/18 Thu

Wow. So I just saw the first episode, and without leaving any details of the plot, I have to say I haven't been this impressed with a new show since Stranger Things. I think Netflix is on to a winner. I enjoyed the original series when I was a kid, but this is something else. I hate to say it but I think I like this version even better. I mean, I'm sure when the original show came out back in the 1960s, it was fresh and exciting. But by the time I saw it in the 1990s it already felt a bit dated. Good and interesting but nothing mind blowing. This series first episode blew my mind. I'm already itching to watch the second episode but I have to go out for a couple of hours.

This show's also not a carbon copy of the original series either. We already knew that with the origin of Robot, but there's other differences too. The cast is also stellar. The production is excellent and the SFX are on par with Hollywood's best movies. I don't really have a critique, apart from there's only 10 episodes. :P I hope they're going to make a second season.

I really wanted the show to be as good as the trailer made it look (which hardly ever happens), and so far it hasn't disappointed.

Maybe the first episode was a fluke and the rest of the season will suck, but outside of that happening, I think I'm in for a treat.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.