VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:11:05 04/16/18 Mon
Author: Mike
Subject: My review (contains major plot spoilers)
In reply to: Mike 's message, "A few people here expressed interest in this when the first trailer dropped a few months back." on 22:42:23 04/15/18 Sun

It's hard to sum up what I thought of it without putting everyone off of it. But I did put "spoilers" in the subject tag. So if you intend to watch it, read no further.

It was worse than I feared. When I saw the trailer, I thought the first half of the trailer looked like an exciting sci-fi, and the second half, more of an horror. And on the sci-fi<---> horror spectrum, I favour a good sci-fi.
This was a boring sci-fi with a pretty crap horror end. Most of the film was focused on the *process* these human guinea pigs having their DNA turned into a new "super" species of man, called Homo Titanis. There really was nothing interesting going on until the last 15 minutes and then it was just an average sort of horror action. The production and the acting was also no more than what I'd consider average. This film is probably the worst thing I've seen that's been produced by Netflix.

OK so did I put you all off of watching it? Well you shouldn't be reading this if you intended to watch it, and haven't yet! :P

Good points about the movie? The plot is interesting, and I liked the very end. This would make a good book, not really right for a movie. There is a good story here, it's just that the film chose to focus on the most boring part of it. It's like watching a film about, say, a bank robbery, and the movie being 3/4 about the planning of it, and the last 15 minutes focused on the actual robbery. And that 15 minutes is just sort of "average". This film is OK if you're just looking to pass on 90 minutes or so, and you're not expecting anything too impressive.

I'll give Netflix cred for trying something a little different, even if it didn't quite pay off (at least for me).

Maybe it is just me though. My brother was the one who reminded me it was released, and also said he enjoyed it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.