VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:04:51 04/29/18 Sun
Author: Comicality
Subject: I am SO speechless!!!! :O

So, I have been working hard at my new job for the past six months now! Trying to make a good impression, of course. I was up for my first review on Tuesday, and I was told that two or three of my managers want me to take on more of a 'leadership role'! ::Squeals:: Now, that doesn't mean a raise or a promotion or anything, but it's a good thing! So I'm super happy about that!

BUT...that's not the speechless part!

See, two weeks ago, I put in a request to take my very FIRST mini-vacation from work! Almost a week, but not quite! Five days! And it just started yesterday, which I got a chance to take a breather and spend some time with family. Then...I got to see "Avengers: Infinity War"!!!

Ok...listen to me...my hype was SO high around this movie that I didn't think there was ANY way for the movie to live up to it. It's just impossible, right? I mean, WTF? There's no way for a movie to be THAT good! But JESUS!!!!!! :O

No spoilers! Promise! You just have to go see it! That totally blew my fucking mind! How was it even possible to pull that off? I mean...WOW! It's EVERYTHING that you could ever want! And a little bit more! The action, the drama, the sfx, the...this may actually go down as one of my favorite movies, not just out of the Marvel movies...but of all time! I went with a few members of my family, and we all came out of that theater feeling like...our lives had been changed. Cinema in general has been given a new level to reach, as far as I'm concerned.

And as a loyal comic book fan...some of the stuff that I was certain, "They'd NEVER do that in a movie, but it would be cool." Well...hehehe! No comment!

Agreed, MasterM! It really was a historic experience! A movie has never once pulled off something like this before! And if anybody has any doubts about whether or not this MASSIVE number of characters could possibly have any importance when you put ALL of them in the same movie at once...trust me, they do! EVERY character gets their moment! Even the villains get their moments! This is just...I can't believe I just watched that on the big screen!

I've thanked Disney for a lot of joy over the years...but this is a whole other level. So...::Bows Down::

Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

Anyway, as I've got some time off from work, and my "Avengers" mission has now officially been completed, I've got more '30 Days Of Night' stuff to post, as well as some more stuff. I'll start editing in about an hour, and then start posting at midnight. Cool?

Still got three days of peace and quiet left in my vacation! I'm feeling more relaxed already!

Ps- MasterM...you've GOTTA watch all of the Marvel movies! All of 'em! If you do, there are a lot of references in Infinity War that will have much more meaning in the long run. The only two movies that I can definitely say that I liked the least, was "Thor: The Dark World" and "Iron Man 2". And it's not like they're unwatchable! Just not up to usual standards. But everything else is so much fun! So don't miss any! :P

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.