VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:28:21 05/07/18 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: Perhaps. But...we already KNOW all this. Right?
In reply to: Shadow086 's message, "But that's a lot of work, Com" on 22:01:18 05/06/18 Sun

So...I don't accept that as an excuse. 'People are lazy'. So...stop being lazy. The media sensationalizes everything. So...stop falling for it. Like, I don't get why people use this as a 'reason' for anything. We already know this stuff.

The stove is hot, poison ivy is itchy, staring at the Sun can make you go blind. We all know this. So...if you do it anyway, then you're an idiot. I don't get it. If someone told you that you 'stink', or that your breath reeks...what would you do? You'd take a shower, right? Or brush your teeth and use mouthwash. Does this make sense to anybody but me? If your doctor told you that your leg was broken...would you say, "Yeah. It sucks. My leg's broken. But DON'T fix it! I'm just gonna walk around with a broken leg for the rest of my life." That makes no sense to me at all.

You said it yourself. People are lazy. So...stop being lazy. If I told you guys that Comicality has well over a MILLION words written on the GayAuthors website, and that nobody else even comes close to that amount of output over the years...you don't really have any reason not to believe me. BUT...if anything about that sounded 'fishy' or untrue...you could go to GA and check my wordcount in less than a minute to see if I was lying or not. Even LAZY people with an ounce of doubt could do that! Is Comsie telling us the truth, or is he making it all up? Even if it appeared on CNN or something (for whatever reason), you could fact check me in a heartbeat. And, if I lied about that, you could easily expose me and use that as a reason to take what I say from now on with a grain of salt.

"Comsie lies. Without apology. So I have no reason to continue to believe what he says anymore."

Done deal. You're wise to my tricks now. You have a reason to wisen up and stop listening to my bullshit.

Saying 'people are lazy' isn't enough. They don't have to be. Tell some of these people that aliens landed at Roswell or JFK was assassinated by a green duck in a hat...and they'll do HOURS of research online to see what they can find out. "Oh yeah...Obama must be the AntiChrist! Here's 17 hours worth of proof!" But ask them to do a 30 second Google check on something simple...and they're not interested.

So if people CHOOSE to remain ignorant, that's ok. But the idea that 'people are lazy' doesn't fly with me. I check. I look it up. I have access to information in this day and age. And I have a pretty good memory. So if someone tells me something on Friday, and something completely different on Monday, I'm going to know that one of those statements isn't true. It's not hard.

I'm no genius by any stretch of the imagination. But when I'm uniformed...I work to get informed. When I'm lazy...I work to not be lazy. When I am in a bad mood...I work to get back to a good mood. I want to be the best person that I can be at all times. Not 'perfect', just at my best. Flaws and all. And when I'm not...it's not the media's fault. It's not some human DNA trait that makes us all undeniably lazy by default. If you guys want to know something...look it up. Something you don't like about yourself? Change it. Improve. Evolve. Why do we just shrug and say, "Well, we're just naturally fucked up, so let's not try anymore"?

That's ridiculous.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.