VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:52:26 07/09/18 Mon
Author: Mike84 ()
Subject: My thoughts...
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "An interesting question that came up in the Chatterbox Chatroom tonight..." on 05:13:43 07/09/18 Mon

"I mean, you guys know that I'm bisexual, right?

GASP! NO! You vaginatarian! (snickers) just kidding. I'm also bi, I think. I don't know what label best describes me, but I am physically attracted to *some* women, and *some* guys, but I've only felt romantically attracted to *some* men - no women. It's frustrating because I'm not attracted to most people, regardless of their gender. But I'm not asexual either cause, I clearly find some people attractive.

"You guys know me 'personally'. Do I seem like a vile rapist or sexual predator to you? Do you honestly think I could have come this far if I was?"

No, and only an idiot would know you and think that, Com.
You're one of the sweetest, kindest people I've ever known. I say that with all sincerity. :)

"We post stuff about music ("I don't like that music!"), we post politics ("How DARE you! Politics makes me angry!"),"

First, on the issue of music (the easy bit :P)

Has that come up? I mean I know in the past we sort of 'beat' Justin Bieber up a little. But that was back in 2010-ish?

I personally, have a very narrow selective taste in music that most people won't like, and it also means that I don't have much knowledge or interest in most popular types of music, including music sometimes posted on here. But that's fine, I've always made sure to be respectful of other people's taste in music, wherever I am. It's all subjective after all. So I find myself largely skipping music posts on here, cause I have nothing really to contribute, apart from maybe saying they're handsome or whatever :P.

Don't stop making those posts though, it's important to have variety on the board. And definitely keep Jukebox Jimmy going. I enjoy participating in that. :D

Politics is a hot button right now. And a lot of people are scared, a lot of hateful, incompetent people are running the ship. That said, I don't think politics comes up that often here. It did when Trump first won because a lot of people were shocked and a little frightened. And only one or two people reacted negatively to our posts at the time. I even remember Pete, who's quite political and a big critic of Trump, making a post saying he was going to give Trump a completely clean slate and a chance, just as he would any other president, the day after the election. Nobody wants this toxic atmosphere. I want politics to be boring again, not so divisive and hateful.

In general, I think the board, for as long as I have been reading it anyway, about 11 years now, has always been varied on topics. It's also gone through quiet times and busy times. Especially through summer, while most people are out tanning and holidaying / vacationing.

I think that while the topic of politics has become more controversial recently because of the rise of 'Trumpism', most people here basically share the same liberal leanings. Religion's pretty much the same thing. Even those who have been religious, are "liberal" in their religious views (like you, Com, if I remember correctly). And we can't expect these discussions never to come up because they effect us in our lives, not just because we're LGBT, but because we might be migrants, or black, or Latino, Muslim and scared for our families and friends.

I did a quick search, and the subject of 'Trump' has come up 16 times since October 2017. And more than ten of those posts were posted between October and December of the same year. His name's not been mentioned once since March 2018, until now in this post. (Yay me! :P)

Religion has come up even less than that.

All we need to remember that while we might disagree with a view, that other people are entitled to hold it. Disagree and discuss, don't disrespect them. Most people here have always got that. One or two rotten eggs aside, this place has always been a welcoming place. I consider that a success.

Oh and Com, you do know those sexual quiz things are so totally not scientific, right? I bet if I took it I'd be told I'm 96.5% straight because I'm not into fashion, or can't sing the bloody song to Frozen, or some other stereotypical thing like that. :P

Last edited by author: Mon July 09, 2018 15:00:46   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.