VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:21:10 07/09/18 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: To be honest...
In reply to: William Drake 's message, "I tried to talk but got shot down." on 12:04:26 07/09/18 Mon

And I know that I explained this to you personally in an email, along with my apologies...what happened with that first post had absolutely nothing to do with the members of this site. None of my following had anything to do with that. Zero.

You, unfortunately, showed up during a really rough time, where just one or two people had been lying about who they were online for an extended period of time, and truly hurt and devastated the people that trusted them. And haven't really shown much remorse for the pain they've caused, honestly. Those one or two people destroyed years of trust and friendship in the matter of a week or two. And the site hasn't really recovered from that.

Your post was never attacked, insulted, or erased, by anybody here. I gave instructions to my moderators to leave any suspicious comments, especially from 'new' identities without an email address attached, for me to approve personally. Which I did. And all of your posts were restored without any alteration whatsoever. I even answered your question personally. Remember?

So, if you have anybody to blame for feeling unwelcome, that blame falls 100% on me. So I apologize for that. At the time it had to be done. If you ever feel like posting, feel free. I still moderate the board, and the same rules apply...such is the case when we can't trust the people we're speaking to. This has never been a problem here before, so we had to step up and figure out how to deal with it. You got caught in the middle of that mess with a controversial post that was about the exact issue that we were dealing with at the time. So it felt like another trap. I guess the wounds hadn't healed yet. But that wasn't the fault of the board's readers. That was security concerns. Nothing else.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.