VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:54:44 07/09/18 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: LOL! Nah, no science approved info at all! :P
In reply to: Mike84 's message, "My thoughts..." on 14:52:26 07/09/18 Mon

The test I took was actually pretty straightforward. Not all that stereotypical gay/straight stuff. I was honest with it, though, and was surprised by the answer.

Awww, and thank you! Hehehe! I definitely try to be as sweet as possible! Mwah!

Now, with music...I know that folks like what they like. That's cool. The thing with Jukebox Jimmy was trying to get people to share their specific musical tastes so we could all listen to it and maybe find something 'new'. Like, just last week, I found a song in one of the Jimmy posts that I had never heard before. I liked it! I wouldn't have found that group or that song if that person hadn't posted it. Now I've got another song to add to my love of music! So the whole idea was to share the stuff you like, even if other people don't agree, and then check to see if maybe you like their tastes as well. Sort of a give and take. But there's no rules to it. It's just meant to be fun. Hehehe, you know me...I listen to everything. I DEVOUR new music like a rabid wolf! I crave it. But that's because I have music on during most of my day, so I need a LOT of choices to keep from getting bored. :P

Religion? I've always thought that religion was a GOOD thing. It's easy to warp religious passages and use it for something harmful and discriminatory, which is despicable...but that's not the fault of religion itself. That's brought on by preachers and people with an agenda to force upon others. If folks believe in a higher power full of love and grace and is looking out for your best interest...what could be wrong with that? But why use it to bash gay people, blow up abortion clinics, ram airplanes into buildings, and stone women in the street? That's a total perversion of what religion was meant to be. I'd like to believe that someone who reads the Shack could have the freedom to come here and talk about any religious conflicts he/she may be having and not feel threatened by even mentioning the word. That goes against what this board was meant to be as well.

Politics? As I've said a million times before, I don't really believe in politics. I recognize its necessity, sure, but I look at the world through eyes of morality and value humanity over money and power. So, well meaning or not...if you're traveling around the world in a billion dollar jet, eating steak and chocolate cake every night for dinner, and live in a 120 room mansion with 24 hour security...don't tell me you can't do something to keep children from going to bed hungry. That makes no sense to me at all. So that's never been something that I've been involved with. However, this past year has gotten out of control. You can't even make a JOKE about Donald Trump without some redneck wanting to spit in your face and smash your head in with a fucking crowbar! Why? What is causing that kind of mentality in today's America? These are the same people who condemn Muslims because they would murder someone for drawing a picture of the prophet Muhammad...and yet they'd do the same thing for Trump. This has never happened before in my life time. You didn't have to worry about the Black Panthers showing up at your door for saying something bad about Obama. You didn't have to worry about getting targeted by the NRA for making jokes about George Bush. The CIA didn't make you mysteriously 'disappear' if you spoke out against Bill Clinton. But you make a joke about Trump, and people cry and cry and cry and scream and call you names and stamp their feet and put their fist through a wall in order to shut you up. What is that about?

But, despite it all, if certain people can't handle it, it's not so important to me that I have to talk about it all the time. So I haven't really mentioned it. I've found some really FUNNY stuff on youtube and the like too! LOL! But I don't post it here because I've been intimidated out of having a difference of opinion by people who get all butt hurt the second it comes up. I really don't want that to be the case here. Like William Drake said above, there are people with things to say. Important things. Discussions that we could be having to inspire and educate everyone reading.

But...you know...bullies and snowflakes. ::Shrugs::

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.