VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:10:38 07/09/18 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: Hehehe, don't worry, angel! I only love one person at a time, promise!
In reply to: Kardie 's message, "Thats the way the cookie crumbles" on 19:43:02 07/09/18 Mon

I definitely want the atmosphere to get back to that, but I realize that times have changed. I mean, back when the extent of 'social media' was a Myspace page, this board used to get so many posts a day that I could hardly keep up with what was going on! Hehehe! Nowadays, everybody is like, "Follow me on facebook, and snapchat, and youtube, and twitter, and discord, and..." Jesus! Every average 14 year old is practically running their own corporation online. They're EXHAUSTED by the time they get to the Shack! LOL!

But, more than that, the climate of the internet itself has changed. I think that people are worried about being bullied and yelled or made to feel weird and wrong about who they are. It's reached a point where a viral video can either make you rich and famous...or could potentially ruin your life forever. So I think we become 'guarded' as a safety measure. How can I expect anybody to think this board would be any different? Even if I get people to start posting again, it only takes one or two people to completely ruin it for everyone else. Then we all go back into hiding again.

Then we're all considered sensitive? That's like the cops showing up to a domestic violence call, and instead of putting the guy in cuffs to stop him from beating his wife, he says, "C'mon lady! You should learn how to take a punch! Stop crying!" Is this what we've become?

Nobody should be treated that way. Perv or not. Hehehe!

((hugz))

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• seriously -- kardie, 03:22:52 07/10/18 Tue
  • No worries. I read you loud and clear. -- Comicality, 04:59:13 07/10/18 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.