VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:44:09 07/11/18 Wed
Author: Juan
Subject: It’s been a minute

Hey what’s up you guys. Long time no talk, eh? I actually can’t remember the last time I posted on here. Just wanted to drop in on y’all and let you guys know that I indeed am still around.

So since I can’t remember the last time I posted, I don’t really know when to start updating you again. Life’s been going, I’m actually about to go study in Canada believe it or not. It’s gonna be fun, though I’m not too sure I’m going to be prepared to how cold it is up there. Canadian summer is probably like our winters. Although we did get snow down here this past winter which was f***ing amazing.

This is the first summer in about three years where I’ve been back home in Houston, and it’s been really relaxing. This past year at uni was just too much. I bit off way more than I could chew and I did not take care of myself at all. I was busy from 6 am until 8 pm. My insomnia kicked in again, and I only ate once a day, that’s all I had time for. I stretched my self to the max, and worked myself to exhaustion, but I made it out excellently. Coming back home to doing nothing was very much welcomed by me. I did nothing for a good week until I got bored.

I know I’ve posted on here about my family life before but honestly it’s not that bad at all. I do like how easy it is here. You know being sort of dependent again, and my dad and I have been getting along greatly. He’s even warming up to the idea of me being gay, which I personally never saw coming, so it was a nice surprise. Him and my mum are having problems and they both are coming to me to try and fix them. It very tough to try and get them in tandem, and even though I’ve known that their marriage has never been perfect, it’s tough to see them going through it. It’s very stressful, to say the least. I mean those are my parents, it’s awkward and uncomfortable to be in the middle all the time. But my dad and I have really been bonding this summer. And with SPORTS of all things. I’ve been in tune to all the football matches in the World Cup and my dad was really surprised that I like football. It’s about the only sport I can watch and not get bored of, it’s my favorite, but I never get to watch it. So yeah dad and son bonding over football, Americans.

I only have about a year left of uni and it’s terrifying. Deep down I know it’ll all work out, but that in itself is very stressful. Plus last fall I was having an identity crisis so I was really thinking about changing my career goals, but I really didn’t have that as an option, so I’m doing an abridged version on what I had planned. But I’ve been thinking about my childhood dream of being an explorer and wanting to go live in China, amongst the pandas in a treehouse made of bamboo. I think I’m going to work towards that somehow, someday. Sorry if this post is too long, but thank you if you’ve read this far down.

So I’m going to try and post more on here, so these aren’t the final thoughts of mine, if you even care. So I’m going to address some things. I’m not sure who went where on here, but I wish you guy the best. I hope you’re living happy lives and you’re doing ok. Teddy, Comrade Jake, TB, Fanson, Cryptic Chris, Joey, and Johnny of course Johnny ❤️ FYI Johnny you said you were going to email me back and that was 6 months ago :) haha love you lots. Com, I was thinking about your post down below. I wanted to let you know how much of a mythical creature you are to me. I love the fact that you’re a complete mystery. As I was reading your stories again, it sort of lapsed my mind to think that there’s an actual person behind these words. And your emails, wow, how I coveted and email form you. I remember the first time i ever emailed you, I was scared because I thought I was just going to be lost in a sea of emails that you probably get daily. Then when you emailed me back, I was the happiest chap ever. It was as if I got a phone call from Bette Davis. I’m not sure where I was going with this, but I wanted to thank you. You helped me through a really tough time. I won’t ever forget it.

Laters, Juan

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.