VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:58:38 07/16/18 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: Did she make it? How was the season?
In reply to: Mike 's message, "He's .... She's back!" on 18:16:17 07/15/18 Sun

I was watching a bunch of reactions when they first announced the new Doctor, and there seemed to be...such an OUTRAGE over it. Well, all of the comments weren't that bad, but a lot of fans vowed to stop watching the show after the first trailer appeared last year. So I didn't expect it to last without fan support. I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the last season? I mean, was it good? Bad? So-so?

Now, I grew up with comic books...but I stopped with most of them years ago. And comics have changed since then. Just in Marvel alone...Thor is a woman now. Iron Man is a young black woman. The new Ms. Marvel is a Muslim girl. But, reading about that didn't really have an impact on me other than, "Oh...well that's new." And that was it.

However, the one problem I have with new comics comes with Spiderman. Because I LOVE Spiderman! But even before the new iterations, I thought Marvel overdid it! I mean, Spiderman? AWESOME! Venom! Great! Then Carnage? Sweet! But then there were five versions of Venom and ten symbiotes, and then Spider-Gwen (Don't see the fascination with her. But SILK? Silk is badass!) Miles Morales is really cool too. And got a secret 'hint' in "Spiderman Homecoming". But still...if there are gonna be FIFTY Spiderman clones...what's the point? You know?

But...then there's this! Which actually looks awesome! Hehehe! And funny too! So I'll check it out! But, honestly...Peter Parker, Eddie Brock (Venom), Carnage, Silk, and Miles Morales! THOSE are the only ones you need to know in my opinion. The other 15 or so copycats? Psh! Go away! Hehehe!

(Sorry, Spider-Gwen. Not a fan. :/)

https://youtu.be/g4Hbz2jLxvQ

A quickie from the newest "Spiderman" movie! Hahaha, I LOVE that they finally got Spiderman right! He's a teenager! A BRILLIANT teenager, but still...!

This is Donald Glover/Childish Gambino/'This Is America'/Young Lando Calrissian in the movie! Hilarious!

"I've got a nephew who lives here!" Yeah, that would be Miles Morales! Which is badass! And an obvious nod by wearing the hoodie! :)

https://youtu.be/1sCbXMO_zrE

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.