VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:53:34 07/16/18 Mon
Author: Mike
Subject: I think they've just about finished it - they usually produce the whole season here before airing it....
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Did she make it? How was the season?" on 10:58:38 07/16/18 Mon

The first season with her is planned to air some time in October. Hopefully we'll find out more this week at CC.

There was some backlash to them casting a female. I must admit I was wary too. The Doctor's always been a positive male role model in my life, from before I could talk, I was looking up to him as like a father figure I never had in real life.

I've accepted it now though, it was just a bit of a shock. I think the over all reaction was about 80% were either indifferent or excited. 20% reacted negatively. Many, like myself, will get over it. 5-10% won't, and might stop watching, or skip this one. It happens surprisingly often. Some fans don't take to the new Doctor, and skip a generation and come back for the next one. A few leave for good. It's a complicated thing, lol.

They'll also gain some new fans, some curious at first will get into it, and the Doctor's gender will seem unimportant, they'll come to accept that the Doctor's a female. I can even imagine some new fans reacting negatively to the new MALE Doctor, because they'll have only known Jodie as the Doctor.

One of the cool things about having Jodie as the Doctor, is that she's from my home town and she's only a year older than me. It's a really small world.

You may know her from Attack The Block. I'm pretty sure you saw that.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.