VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:10:11 08/05/18 Sun
Author: Comicality
Subject: And let me just add this...
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Knowing what little I know about this situation, and this is secondhand from multiple sources...I only have one question?" on 06:54:01 08/05/18 Sun

This forum, this website, these stories...

They really MEAN something to the people who come here. This website has prevented suicides, has helped gay teens (AND adults) come out to their parents, their friends, their families. This site has given many people comfort when they needed it most. There are lovely people who met their SOUL MATES on this board and in the chatroom. I've seen kids as young as 13 follow the site and communicate with me, and I've watched them grow up to find boyfriends, husbands, go to prestigious colleges like Stanford and Yale. I have boys that I met when they were just starting high school send me an email on their 30th birthday and thank me for having this site online when they were young. A site that YOU guys helped me to build. Some of which were inspired and began writing stories and building sited of their own.

Just know...that when you publicly drag this garbage into my life and the lives of your fellow Shackers? You are turning them away. You're telling them that this isn't a safe place for them to visit. You destroy the integrity of the Shack, brick by brick, until they no longer want to be a part of it.

If you're proud of that? Then so be it. But I wouldn't be.

Thanks a lot.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.