VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:36:32 08/26/18 Sun
Author: Comicality
Subject: ((Hugz)) Ako! Honestly, some things change, and we all learn to adapt. But it takes time and initiative. That's all.
In reply to: Akoplay 's message, "Why do I go to the chatroom ?" on 07:53:04 08/25/18 Sat

It may be hard to believe now, there was actually a time(when I first started the site) That I couldn't keep up with this message board alone, much less anything else. Messages would scroll by so fast in the chat that it would make us all dizzy. The forum had everybody talking at once, and it was so much fun. Then Myspace came along, then Facebook, then Twitter, then Instagram...I honestly have friends and family that 'work' Facebook like a second job. In a way, they're ALL Comicality now...and it's hard to keep up.

Actually, I was in chat a week or two ago, and I was surprised and extremely HAPPY to see so many of you guys in there all at once. You, and Matt, CJ, Kardie, Max, Nathan, Phil...I didn't expect that at all. But I enjoyed it. We spent a few hours just chatting it up, and it felt good. But it is a different era nowadays. I love talking to you guys as often as possible, personally...but I've been told by many that they don't like email anymore. Everybody wants to text and chat in real time now, otherwise, forget it. Why bother? Email isn't good enough. I've got multiple forums...but now people want instant alerts from Facebook and Instagram. They don't want to 'comment' on posts and stories anymore, they want to hit a 'like' button and move on. And even with a fully functional chatroom...now they want to Skype or get on Discord and talk one on one instead of being in a group. Or...again, why bother talking at all? It's really surprising how antisocial social media makes us sometimes. There's no fighting change, unfortunately. But...every once in a while, we can get together and have ourselves a good time. Kinda like a family reunion! Hehehe!

But I totally get your point. More and more each day, we get more private and more instantaneous and more selective about how we spend our time online. I wish I knew how to fix that. Or could even come to the conclusion that it needed fixing. But I'm down to try if you guys are.

Maybe we should all get together every two or three weeks and have a public chat where we can all reconnect and share a few laughs together. My schedule is a bit unpredictable, but I'd definitely show up for that. :) Maybe we'll set a date to get together at least once a month, and the chat will still be open 24/7 to drop by whenever we like. But we could make a true effort to drop in on a certain date just to say hello. (If we can manage it)

If you guys got any ideas on this, I'm wide open to suggestions. :)

Love always! And I hope to talk to you guys soon!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.