VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:30:58 08/31/18 Fri
Author: Comicality
Subject: I'm sure that's the goal, but...
In reply to: Mike 's message, "I think they must get some kind of thrill inflicting pain on someone else - I don't understand it either." on 07:58:57 08/31/18 Fri

...Does it ever work? I mean, that's biggest missing piece of the puzzle for me. Think about it, there has to be something fundamentally 'off' about a person who feels satisfied by hurting another person. I can't imagine what the 'thrill' would be. The kid was 9. What challenge could someone have in hurting a 9 year old's feelings? I would think it would make you feel worse for hurting somebody. I always feel bad. It's like, whatever it was that I was so angry about or so threatened by, I just made it worse. Now I'm the asshole, you know?

Even as a little kid, I knew that. I teased people all the time. More in a playful way, but if the mood seemed to change or they looked upset or hurt, it was like, "Whoah, enough is enough. I'm sorry, k? I'll stop." What happened to human compassion? So the boy discovered he was gay? So what? Like...your nasty comments were going to cure him? Were you looking for a fight? Did you WANT him to kill himself? What was the goal here? What's he trying to prove? What would be the desired effect of a bully's actions? Or are they just being a dick for the sake of being one?

I just can't imagine pushing someone that far. And now he has to live with the knowledge that he really REALLY crossed the line. And now someone is dead. A family destroyed. A future erased. Was it worth it?

Is it ever?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.