VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:16:31 09/01/18 Sat
Author: bwctwriter
Subject: Com, I'm not picking on you, but there really IS a logical reason why people bully others...
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Don't get me wrong..." on 00:30:46 09/01/18 Sat

Bullying gives power to those who feel powerless. Given that some kid(s) were feeling powerless, and weaker lil Jamel was just standing there looking like an easy target (no offense to him of course), the Bully(ies) took an opportunity to (attempt to) make themselves feel big by cutting him down. Like I said, it's totally logical... And it's natural. You see it in all forms of life throughout the animal kingdom... BUT... We're supposed to be the smartest species on earth... Like, ever... Yet we can't seem to rise above this uber-primitive animal behavior. It's pretty sad.

I think we spend so much time teaching kids about math, and science, and social studies, and all that bullshit that we don't have any time left to teach them morality. Nor do we as a society MODEL morality (or at least, the immoral shit drowns out what morality we DO try to instill in kids...) We could get rid of MOST of the moral deficits in humanity by somehow managing to find the balance between the immoral acts we begrudgingly accept (or completely ignore) as a society, and the moral standards we (at least try to) model to our youth. But without any kind of societal movements in that direction... Bullying ain't going nowhere, sadly...

Know what I'm sayin? :-p

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.