VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:06:17 09/06/18 Thu
Author: Comicality
Subject: STILL...one of the best horror fan Easter Eggs EVER! :P
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Ok, soooo....I have a confession to make..." on 08:17:08 09/06/18 Thu

Yep...Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" is still considered to be the godfather of the modern day 'slasher flick'! And when actress, Janet Leigh, met her untimely demise in that shower? It became one of the most iconic moments in slasher movie history! Hands down!

https://youtu.be/IQLfWZ3qPvU

Well, that legendary actress married another big actor at the time, Tony Curtis! And they had a daughter who was destined to be the NEW face of the slasher flick, later on. Their daughter was named Jamie, and took on both of their last names. (Jamie Lee Curtis) And "Halloween" was the one responsible for reviving the entire slasher flick genre when it was released! (And it was revived again when Wes Craven's "Scream" hit theaters!) Jamie Lee Curtis is, like, the original scream queen! And it's so COOL to know that she's the daughter of the "Psycho" shower scene scream queen! How awesome is that???

I LOVE this version of this scene, because it's in black and white, like "Psycho" was! It fits, ya know! Oh GOD this movie fucking freaked me out when I was little! ::Shivers::

BUT...in "Halloween:H20", any horror fan must have been near orgasm when THIS scene took place! Hehehe!

Here we have Jamie Lee Curtis, and her real life Mom, interacting on screen. Where she starts by saying, "If I may be maternal for a moment?" And talks about the bad things that can happen to all of us. Ending with a "Happy Halloween." And if you pay close attention, you'll see Janet Leigh walking towards the SAME car from "Psycho" that was pushed into the swamp during the movie, with a hint of the original "Psycho" theme being played in the background!

Honestly...SO AWESOME! Whoever thought of that? Absolutely brilliant! XD

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• I have a confession to make... -- Fanson, 01:37:47 09/07/18 Fri
  • Hahaha! What the...? Dude! :O -- Comicality, 22:10:05 09/07/18 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.