VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:32:06 09/24/21 Fri
Author: Mike
Subject: >>
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Imagine Question For 9/24" on 12:14:41 09/24/21 Fri

I don't think my life would change at all, really, if something supernatural was proven to be true.

I mean, if I found out that ghosts were watching us all the time, maybe I'd be a little bit more paranoid while I masturbated. Or if vampires were proven to exist, I'd hang some garlic up around the house, but I can't really imagine my life changing in any real way. I'm a cold hard skeptic, so maybe it's just hard to place myself in that situation.

The only paranormal thing that I think is made up, that I would like to be true, is alien visitations. Now, just to be clear, I don't believe it's happening, but I'd love to find out there's alien life out there.

But, since the easiest person to fool is ourselves, we must be extra careful with claims we'd like to be true, it's easy to be seduced. I think a lot of people are.

Especially in the political sphere right now. Almost all Republicans believe the election was stolen from Trump. They have somewhere along the way thrown out "who I wanted to win", with "the election was stolen." The guy I wanted to win, didn't so it must be stolen. Instead of being a little skeptical, fact checking and admitting defeat, which is noble and a grown up thing to do.

And I think the same is true with life after death. I've noticed it with my mum who has said she "needs to believe her parents are still around in some form." I miss my grandparents too, but I can't wish them back into existence. Still, if it gives her some peace and comfort, I won't do anything to disturb that.

But yeah, I don't think a lot about my life would change, maybe I'd be interested in whatever it was. Like, if we discovered the Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster existed, I'd want to learn about it.

I used to live across the street from the Loch Ness, by the way, and never saw anything except lots of American and Japanese tourists, hehe. So at least it's doing something for the local economy, and gives people a nice visit to see the beautiful surrounding Scottish landscape. :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• I don't know... -- Shadow086, 23:23:41 09/24/21 Fri

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.