VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:25:41 01/04/20 Sat
Author: Mike
Subject: >>
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Imagine Question For 1/1" on 19:48:41 01/03/20 Fri

The way I look at life is kind of the opposite to the way a lot of others do. I've noticed a lot of people tend to forgive people they "think" they should for reasons like they're family, or a friend they need, etc.

For me, just because they're a family member it doesn't mean I continuously forgive them. I have two family members I don't speak to. My younger sister, who through her boyfriends, has brought nothing but drama and violence to my mother's door, yet she keeps dating dead beats and violent pricks. And that's her right, but she has children too, and doesn't give much thought about their well being. And then she involves my mum, and puts her at risk. There's a lot more to it. It's been ongoing for 15 years, but it's too complicated and private to go into it more.

I don't care that she's my sister. As far as I am concerned, we're no longer related. Yet mum keeps forgiving her and helping her, with money, safety and babysitting, and I have seen what it has done to my her, which is why I feel so strongly about not letting details like biology prevent me from detaching myself from people who bring harm to my life (or hurt those I care about).

The second person is my biological dad. I haven't spoken to him since 2006. The reasons again are complicated. But let's just say he was never a responsible father. Here is an example of how bad he is, when I was a baby, he left me home alone, with towels on a clotheshorse, next to our fire, to go shag a woman who lived about 2 miles away.

On his way, he crashed his motorbike into a wall, and was in hospital for weeks. As well as a fractured skull, he got a divorce, but not the shag.

He's better off out of my life.

In general, I prefer life simple. I can't stand the bitching and the gossip and the backstabbing. I have a few people close to me, and I don't hesitate to drop those who bring more trouble than they're worth to my life. It doesn't matter who they are. I only have one life and I don't want to waste it on petty drama, and people who'll betray your trust for something small.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.