VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:23:18 01/15/20 Wed
Author: Mike
Subject: >>
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Imagine Question For 1/15" on 04:48:01 01/15/20 Wed

I remember reading something about human personalities. That we're different people, with different people. That we're either only ever ourselves when we're on our own. Or we don't have a personality when we're on our own.

I think our 'masks' are necessary and useful. I wouldn't want to be the same person I am, when I am loose and 'bantery', like I am with good friends, as I would be if I was with my grandma, or something.

The only real trouble I see is when those two personalities come into conflict. Like, if a close friend who I am down to earth with, and have a laugh, and don't hold back, ever meets my grandma, who was an headmistress and she's very posh and 'proper'. She gives Queen Liz a run for her money, and it would be like a mine field trying to manage both personalities if they were both in my company (and it has happened before).

You mentioned about keeping secrets and such. For me it's more about behaviour than secrets. If I was to come out, I'd come out to everyone and they'd have to accept it, or we have no chance of having a relationship in the future. I won't change myself, or put up with relatives who would make an issue out of my sexuality, or whatever. I haven't had a reason to come out yet, but if I did, I'd be out to everyone.
But my behaviour with various people, depends on who they are to me. I don't think it's a bad thing, but it can be problematic.

"I don't want someone that I care about to suffer and stress themselves out over hiding their sexual preferences from me for fear that they'll be judged and persecuted for it. But...on the other hand, I don't want them talking about bumps on their penises that they got from raw banging a gay prostitute two weeks ago in front of youth group from the local church either. There has to be a line.

Where is yours?"

It depends who they are. For instance, I wouldn't want to be told about, say, a female relative's menstruation details.
And the reason I say that is because it's come up in conversation before, and it kind of grosses me out. Same applies when my brother brings up in conversation about the size of a shit he flushed down the toilet or something. I really don't want or need to know about that. Some parts of the body gross me out. It would be different, if they were concerned about their health and wanted advice. If it's serious, I'm cool talking about anything.

It also bugs me when anyone burps or coughs close to me. It's like, at least try to respect my space. And put your hand over your mouth when you're coughing. I don't want what you have.

"On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being completely 'hush hush', and 10 being 'I say whatever I want, whenever I want, the rest of the world be damned') how honest would you say you were in your daily life? What parts of your life, your feelings, your attractions, your dreams, do you share with the people around you? And what parts of your life do you keep secret, find inappropriate, or may even be ashamed of? Give it some thought, and share your ideas with us. I'd really love to know what you think about this! :)"

It's hard to put a number on it, but I'd say I am a 6 or a 7. Somewhere in that neighborhood. There's two things I won't talk about with virtually anyone. They're even hard to talk to myself about. And then there's my sexuality. Most of my family don't know, despite them being liberal and accepting, and I have three relatives who're LGBT, and out. I think some suspect. After all, I'm 35 and I am single. Although that is more common these days. But still. Most people my age are in long term relationships and many have kids. But I have no interest in either.
I've had relationships, and I am happier being single. And most of the time, I'm glad I don't have kids too.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• I'd like to think that I'm pretty honest about who I am... -- Comicality, 00:34:57 01/16/20 Thu
  • I also gave my full answer on the last Q & A session down below! Here's the link! -- Comicality, 01:24:58 01/16/20 Thu

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.