VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:48:16 02/15/20 Sat
Author: Mike
Subject: >>
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Imagine Question For 2/15" on 04:38:07 02/15/20 Sat

So where is the line? When and how do you know that what you're feeling for the guy or girl you're craving is actual 'love', or something else? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

I don't really know. It's hard even for me, when I evaluate my past relationships, if and when I have actually cared so much about someone I would call it love. My internal defense mechanism usually prevents me from getting too close to other people and I find it hard to really connect with someone so profoundly. I'm kind of glad that's the case though, I don't have a string of heartbreaks or grief.

That said, it might have happened once or twice. My first serious boyfriend, I probably did love him. But love's a blurry concept, and hard to define, which is why I can't really answered the question.

If love means that I wanted to touch and hold him and missed him when I wasn't with him, and I felt really sad for a while when we broke up, then I guess I loved him. I remember feeling love sick because I was missing him so much. But now I feel nothing for him. Now, I can barely remember how I felt for him back then. Was it just puppy love? How can it be compared to the love of a married couple who have been together for years?

Then again, maybe the length of time isn't the sole factor. I've seen older couples grow apart, and even those who're still together, their relationships don't seem to have the same passion of young couples. Who's really to say who has 'more' love going on?
All I know is that it felt special at the time. Even if I now can't 'feel' what it felt like anymore.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Comsie's Answer... -- Comicality, 08:16:03 02/16/20 Sun

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.