VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:18:07 03/03/20 Tue
Author: Comicality
Subject: For me...
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Imagine Question For 3/1" on 03:51:10 03/02/20 Mon

I think one of my biggest downfalls with commenting on stuff is simple procrastination. I might read a post, or get an email, or enjoy a story online...and I'll have all of these ideas in my head about what I want to say and how to comment, but I'll tell myself, "I'll come back and do it later when I get a chance to type it out clearly." And, of course...'later' never happens. I get caught up with other things, and after a while, it's been so long that I figure, "What's the point in answering NOW?" You know? So that's my biggest problem, I think. I try to combat that though, and now I answer and make comments right then and there while I'm thinking about it.

While there are SOME issues where I feel like I should just keep quiet and not really get involved...they are few. I have never once felt bad about having an opinion on just about anything. I just don't subscribe to 'black and white' thinking. If I feel a certain way about a topic, it doesn't mean that I'm right or wrong, nor is the other person right or wrong. It's just how I feel, and I have my reasons for feeling that way. And I think I'm intelligent enough to make my point without deliberately attacking somebody else's point of view. If they take offense...then I'll apologize, as it wasn't my intention. But that's not going to bully me out of having a voice. Speak your truth. Why not?

And if you're somebody who is deathly afraid of being criticized and attacked for your thoughts and ideas...then maybe you should rethink your thoughts and ideas. "I think we should be able to punch babies in the face and run over harmless bunnies in the street! But I guess that's not popular to say, huh?" Ummmm...yeah. That's something you should re-examine when you have a chance. Hehehe!

But, cartoonish examples aside, I think people should be able to share what they think without fear of being attacked. However, I think that people need to use tact and a certain level of social etiquette when expressing those ideas. And if we disagree...then we just disagree. So be it. It's not a sport. There's nothing to win, nothing to lose. So SAY SOMETHING already!

There are times when I put stuff off until later, times when I feel I don't have much to offer in the current conversation, and occasions when I'm just not interested. But when I like something, LOVE something, or have something to offer...I say it. I chime in and let people know what I think. And NOT when it's just some negative vibe where I want to rant and blow off steam. I support the stuff that I really love and want to see do well too. I congratulate people who are doing good things. I applaud people who have accomplished something great. I wish people well when they're sick, I give advice and personal experience when I can, and I love sharing a few jokes or songs or touching videos when I can. I mean...what's stopping me? Seriously...what is holding me back?

Speak up! Talk! Make friends! Let the world know who you are? None of us live forever. So take this opportunity to leave footprints that you can be proud of! It's all that will be left of you in the end. Make the best of it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.