VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:17:30 03/30/20 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: Imagine Question For 4/1

The internet...

I know that this is going to make me sound super old, but honestly...the internet being a common household 'appliance' or a cash and carry mobile device? I was starting COLLEGE when that was a thing! Hehehe! Seriously. I mean, The Shack is actually almost an entire decade older than Youtube as you know it! It hasn't been that long.

The idea that you could reach out and talk, argue, and share ideas, in real time, with someone on the other side of the globe was just like....wow!

People can make friends with others in places that they've never been to or have even heard of. Express ideas that they never could have in real life. However...

What happens when it comes to an emotional attachment with someone halfway around the world...when you're in a committed relationship? Now, take a moment and think about this. What if you had a boyfriend/girlfriend that you loved with your whole heart, and they began talking...sharing...even FLIRTING...with someone online or on social media?

Is that cheating? Is that a betrayal? Put yourself in the place of someone who has someone who is completely loyal to them 'physically'...but might have developed feelings for someone that they might never see, or touch, or taste, in real life. I mean...isn't that just indulging in a fantasy? Or is that an actual 'stab in the back' by the person you gave your heart to and trusted them to be careful with it?

And...what if it WASN'T your partner doing it? What if it was YOU? You just found someone in Australia, or South Africa, or Brazil, that you really felt a connection to...and you enjoyed the idea of being with them. Would you be cheating on your love for someone else?

I'm interested to see what you guys have to say on this one, because it happens more often than you might think. Share your thoughts down below! And, as always...anonymous comments are welcome at my email at Comicality@shackoutback.net as well! Cool?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.