VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:08:14 04/11/20 Sat
Author: Mike
Subject: I read a post about this recently that made a lot of sense..
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Happy Easter Weekend" on 02:49:46 04/11/20 Sat

If you NEED to go to a church (mosque, synagogue, temple etc) while you should be in quarantine, then you believe in a magic building, not a god.

If you believe in a god and feel the need to pray, and believe he's everywhere, then you can pray from home, because he's there too.

The only reason to go to church right now, is to fill the collection plates and tithe.
I understand that going to places of worship is about seeing the community too, and some people need that, but right now, it's a bad idea to gather in large groups, or really, any groups.

Some people believe their god will protect them from this virus because they strongly believe in him and worship him. But devout Christians die all the time, at the same rate as everyone else. Being super religious won't protect you from the virus, but being extra cautious, washing hands, and using some common sense, by staying home, will give us all the best chance to see this through.

I know I am preaching to the choice here, no one needs convincing. It's just me venting because I have read so many articles about silly state governments in the US and elsewhere, exempting churches from stay at home orders, calling them essential services (they're not). It's Easter weekend, and there's going to be a lot of idiots ignoring expert advice, and people are going to die because of it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.