VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:38:32 05/18/20 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~

This week's 3M is actually a LOT better than you'd think it had any right to be! LOL!

"My Spy"

Honestly, I don't think Dave Bautista (Guardians Of The Galaxy) got NEARLY enough credit for this movie, which just happened to fly under a lot of people's radars when it came out! And I was definitely one of those people. From early commercials, it looked like your average, run of the mill, Hollywood movie about a fish out of water tough guy who gets tamed by a youngster and finds his humanity. And, for the most part, that's exactly what it is. We've seen Kindergarten Cop and The Pacifier (Mmmmm....Max Theriot) and others, but there's something special about this one. I truly enjoyed it from beginning to end.

First of all, it's hilarious! So you will definitely get some good, and some surprisingly unexpected, laughs out it. And you get a decent dose of action as well. Add to that, some emotional moments and a couple of warm fuzzies, and you've got yourselves one hell of a good time. Oh, and the little girl in this movie is BRILLIANT! Her acting, her timing, the emotion she brings to the movie...she's a genius. We will definitely be seeing a lot more of her in the future.

The plot, as I said, is simple. Bautista plays a kick ass, take no prisoners, CIA agent who has a knack for 'overkill' when it comes to sensitive situations. So he's been sent on a soft mission where all he has to do is work surveillance on a little girl and her mother, just in case the big bad guy makes contact or targets them for murder. But when the young girl uses her wits to stumble in on their little secret operation, she uses it as leverage to make a friend and have some good old fashioned fun with her new father figure.

So yes! Check this one out. Very funny, very cool, very sweet. How can you go wrong?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.