VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:01:05 07/17/20 Fri
Author: Who4m1
Subject: I don't know at all, but I presume the following :)
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Imagine Question For 7/16" on 19:01:29 07/16/20 Thu

I was actually quite shocked, when I heard stories of people, that got left by their partners, because they outed themselves as bisexual to their partners. That has to be brutally. Then again, there are many people out there, that have weird takes of relationship and love.
If I were in love/relationship with a bisexual person (time of outing not really important) I wouldn't treat them any different than any not bisexual person – or at least try to.
Because honestly, if gay relationships are difficult in your environment or you just haven't fully accepted loving a man, yet, then the possibility of a relationship with a women you love could be a great tempation. So there would definetely be an initial fear there and I'm pretty sure, I would make my partner promise not to leave me, just because of the opportunity of a relationship with a person of a different sex. He would need to soothe those fears a bit in the beginning, but I'm pretty sure, he could do that easily by reassuring me a bit.

I am also certain, that I would not just leave a partner for a partner of a different sex. For leaving a partner I would always need damn good and morally approved reasons. I usually have high moral standards for myself.

To be honest I also think that for many, that situation would not really be that different from gay or hetero people – I'm pretty sure, for me it wouldn't.
There are always other hot people out there. Whether of the same sex as your partner or not. And it is a similar moral decision to leave a woman for a man or a man for a man or a man for a woman or...
Well, at least I search for love. And when it's love, you don't need to change to a person of different sex, because it is not all about the physical. And you would not want to ruin love for just a little bit of physical pleasure. That's just the same as that you wouldn't risk a good relationship for a hot afternoon with a stranger of the same sex as your partner. Or at least I wouldn't, because there seem to be people out there, that actually do that.

As mentioned, the exceptions for this are major issues with the environment our your own selfacceptance. And I'm glad, that I do not really have to think about my environment. I also think by now I'm stable enough in terms of self acceptance (hopefully - probably not completely though, but stable enough for now and for that kind of situation.)

However in an extreme bad environment for gay people (by extreme, I mean EXTREME, extremes are always good for explanations and tests) the situation would change. I probably would advice bisexual people I love then to find a person for a hetero relationship if they can and therefore wouldn't be able to invest completely into a relationship with a bisexual of the same sex as me.
But for that it would have to be really bad.

Honestly, I do not really like to think about such scenarios. Much would be different then, I'll just enjoy my tolerant environment, in which bisexuals do not need to fear many things.

I don't think I ever could do an open relationship btw, for me relationship is about being two and giving each other love, but also security (to be loved). An open relationship would jeopardize some of that and cause some fears for me. So nothing for me – I can see the idea behind it though.

I also feel the need to state here, that while I already feel unexperienced in life at all, I really have pretty much no actual experiences with bisexuality. So you may want to weight other comments on this topic heavier than mine.

I am really curious though, in which forms I will encounter love in my personal future – you rarely know for sure. ;)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• I guess I'm 80-20... -- River Acheron, 06:36:24 07/21/20 Tue

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.