VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:35:20 02/01/21 Mon
Author: Mike
Subject: >>
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Imagine Question For 2/1" on 11:08:06 02/01/21 Mon

I hope some of the changes stick around. Like people (many at least) are more mindful about being clean and hygienic. Before the pandemic, I'd get irritated when people around me would cough without covering their mouths with their hands, etc. I don't want their germs. :P

I also hope the birthday cake blowing out candles ritual stays gone, it's kind of gross to think that we'd be eating a piece of cake after someone's blown all over it.

This pandemic hasn't affected me as much as it has others because I am a recluse, and I'm not especially sociable. I'm not rude, but if I can, I avoid making small talk with strangers. It's always been weird to me, some people look at ME as if I'm the weird one for not being chatty with complete strangers. At least this pandemic has given me an excuse to avoid people... like the plague :P

I also think that maybe online schooling and working from home might become much more common now they've had to rely on it. It's been possible for a while and it's convenient, saves on money, cuts down on traffic and pollution, but people were hesitant before the pandemic to rely on them.

I am a little worried about my mother though. She's probably reacted to this pandemic more than most people.

She's super, super cautious, and avoids going anywhere like shops, (and even the doctors until I almost forced her to go, they think she has an overactive bladder, like IBS but in the bladder).

But I don't really blame her for being careful. I just wonder how she'll react once the thing is over. Will she feel comfortable going to the shops again, will she feel comfortable not wearing a face mask once it's no longer necessary?

She used to be the total opposite to me, and the way she is now. She's outgoing and social. But this thing has freaked her out a lot. She's also in her 60s so she's at a somewhat vulnerable age to the virus. She's probably going to be getting the vaccine this month so that's good.
I'll probably be getting mine in the summer.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• This IS my normal, and just the way I like it... -- Shadow086, 11:36:34 02/01/21 Mon

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.