VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:32:00 02/13/21 Sat
Author: Comicality
Subject: It seems like a really tough call...but I sometimes wonder if it really is.
In reply to: Mike 's message, "What would you do if this was your baby daughter?" on 05:01:45 02/11/21 Thu

I remember going to school with people who had certain physical (what some would consider to be) deformities. And as kids, I don't doubt that it's a super difficult issue to deal with. I wish it wasn't so, but it is. Whether it's a birthmark, or they're in a wheelchair, or might be missing a finger, etc. And since it was physical and visible...it was even more of a challenge than it was to be gay or lesbian or learning disabled, etc.

But I feel like there are many who actually do take the 'born of fire' route, and end up coming out as pure gold in the end. They learn self love, and they have to fight for it even harder than most.

There was a joke in "Guardians Of The Galaxy 2", where Drax was making fun of this one female character to tell her how ugly and how horrifying she was to look at! Hehehe, she wasn't, but he thought so. And there's this moment where he says, "Maybe it's a good thing. Because when somebody loves you, you know they love the real you." Which came off as really sweet and genuine. And I believe in that.

If the baby grows up and the comments or the stares and stuff gets to be too much for her to take...and she decides on her own that she wants the surgery? Then I can understand and respect that. But, it may just become the one defining feature that gives her the strength and sense of self love that will push her further than some glamorous instagram/tikotok personality who drops off the face of the Earth after their 18th birthday.

It's tough, learning to love ourselves. All of us. Whether it's our looks, or our weight, or our grades, or our financial standing, or our religion, or our sexual attractions, or our gender identity, or our clothes and style...there's ALWAYS somebody out there that needs to put us down in order to make themselves feel important for some reason. ::Shrugs:: But when you love yourself...they're just wasting their time. I hope they get some sort of fake enjoyment out of it, because it won't last. They'll have to go looking for another target the second that little temporary high wears off.

To those of you who are really strong, and really have taken time to realize that you have value and purpose? Keep going! And let those little leeches fall by the wayside.

I've seen super hot boy MODELS with facial birthmarks like the one you mentioned. I think she'll be ok. But if not, let it be her choice. That's my nickel in jukebox. :P

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.