VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:26:06 03/01/21 Mon
Author: Mike
Subject: >>
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Imagine Question For 3/1" on 06:21:34 03/01/21 Mon

Sometimes I wonder about love. Like have I ever really been in love? It's not exactly a science, where it's easy to define what in love means compared to really like, or some other version of love. How do you measure it?

I think, while I've had a few partners in my life, I've probably only been in love once. When I loved them completely. I never held back. I ached to be with them when I wasn't, and when I was and liked nothing more than to hold them and kiss them, and have sex. Lots and lots of sex. :D

It was a very intense relationship.

In my teens, I fell in love with another boy, we were in a relationship for nearly two years, and it ended pretty badly. We haven't spoken since.

I've seen him on Facebook and stuff, when I was curious. He has two kids now. He's been in and out of the slammer, too. He's pretty messed up. He's not the person I once knew and loved. But I feel nothing for him. No sympathy. No regrets, no longing to see him again. Sometimes I look back at what we were together and smile about it. But nothing else. Our break up was too nasty, but I don't want to go into the details about it.

It took me a few months to get over him. Part of that broken heart feeling is the reason I've kept other people away. That and relationships with others that have fallen apart. My father, other friends and relatives, the betrayals, the gossiping, and failing to be there for me when I really needed them to be, despite always being there for them.

I've learned not to put my trust in other people. Not to invest all my emotion in others, without holding back.

And Some people might think that that's no way to live, or that it's a lonely way to live, but I don't think so. In the last 20 years, my life's been simpler, and less stressful as a result. So no regrets. I've had other relationships since, and they were good relationships, but I don't think I was head over heels in love with them. There was always something holding me back, protecting me. And you know, when I look round at all the people in my life, those people in relationships, most of the time they're not really happy. And they have to give and compromise on who they are, and what they want. They have children and are dealt with a whole new set of worries to deal with.

The good times (the kodak moments) seem to be fleeting and far and few between. The rest of the time they're saddled with debt, dealing with affairs, arguments, divorces, trouble with their kids, and I thank my fortunes that I have none of that in my own life.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• My thoughts... -- Comicality, 12:18:48 03/03/21 Wed

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.