VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Re: Pls share experience on T5

Author:
Tim
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02/26/05 Sat
In reply to: Aryo 's message, "Pls share experience on T5" on 12/29/04 Wed

I've had a T5 for about a month now. Switched over from the Pocket PC side of things. Got tired of having my device run out of power and loose all the data and applications I'd installed. So far I've not even come close to running the battery on my T5 down, let alone loosing data. I've had a few goofy things happen, but I attribute all of them to growing pains of moving to a new device and getting it working the way I want.

My biggest complaint so far has been with PalmOne and not with the device itself. It seems like the T5 was released before PalmOne was ready to support it. I've called their support line three times now for various issues, and they are 0 for 3 at this point.

No help answering questions about bluetooth compatability between the T5 and my Motorola v551. In fact, told me something completely wrong and insisted Motorola would have to write the bluetooth driver for the T5. I asked them if they could tell me how to find the MAC address of the bluetooth adapter in the T5. They told me it couldn't be done. Five minutes later, with the help of another techie at work, I'd accomplished what PalmOne assured me was impossible. I guess I have a problem with people telling me what I can't do. I honestly believe the so called support tech didn't even understand what it was I was asking for. I've also had problems with using the quick install and transfer programs to transfer Windows Media Video (WMV) files to the palm. There is a problem that causes the transfer, or installer programs to crash when trying to convert the files to something the Palm understands. Their support person was completely clueless as to what I was trying to do, and didn't even understand that just transfering the file directly to the memory store on the Palm would not help as the palm media player couldn't play it.

As for the T5 itself, I've no real complaints that I've not had about any of the devices I've ever owned.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Pls share experience on T5

Author:
Andy McCabe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/26/05 Sat

Tim great comments, very useful.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.