VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Re: Pls share experience on T5

Author:
PS
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03/15/05 Tue
In reply to: Aryo 's message, "Pls share experience on T5" on 12/29/04 Wed

Hi

I am onto my second T5 in three weeks - I returned the first. While I love the form factor and appreciate the functionality, I could not recommend it to anyone as it crashes daily. I have had this experience with both units I have had.

The main culprit seems to be the browser, Blazer. Certain things work in portrait, but crash in landscape. Exiting Blazer by using the home soft key also seems to cause problems. In case it matters, this all relates to browsing using the palmOne WiFi card.

I have had a couple of problems syncing, but these seem to have gotten better with the second unit.

I have had no problems with bluetooth. In fact, I would call its operation seamless.

FYI, I have not installed any third party programs.

I regret buying the T5 and am considering attempting to get a refund.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Pls share experience on T5

Author:
DrM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/16/05 Wed

I think a lot of people are writing reviews who have never used the T5. I started with an old Palm III, then an M100, then and M105, then a Zire 71, then a T5, then back to a T3, so I know of what I speak.

I kept my T5 for one week. I was EXTREMELY annoyed with the new file system, which greatly slows down the unit. You can't tell at all that the processor is as fast as it is, because my Palm III was faster!! Rebooting takes FOREVER (3-5 minutes) compared to previous models, and was quite frequent (2-3 times daily). Nearly all of my 3rd party applications (which is quite extensive after all these years) were rendered unusable by the T5. I asked tech support, and their repeated mantra was "simply delete all the 3rd party applications that cause it to crash", which I do not find acceptable. I also got frequent crashes with Documents to Go, which comes on the T5 installation CD!! Honestly, did they do ANY product testing before releasing this instant dinosaur?

As for the "Drive" function, a 1GB SD card is 1000 times more convenient and much easier to access than their sequestered drive memory (not to mention much larger). What a lame idea.

I must say, tech support was very good about refunding the unit when I sent it back. I have since switched to a T3, which is GREAT. I have been happy ever since, but I think I will go Pocket PC (the dell x50 is making me drool). Hope this helps!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.