VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Do you take your Palm to bed?

Author:
Sammy at Palm Addict
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03/27/05 Sun

Do you take your Palm device to bed with you in case you awake with an inspiring thought or idea?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Do you take your Palm to bed?

Author:
Bob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/27/05 Sun

ALL the time, it's also may wake up call!!!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Do you take your Palm to bed?

Author:
Didier
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/30/05 Wed

My Zodiac is never more than armlength away from me, whether I'm in bed, in the restroom, at work, or watching TV. I use it to wake me up, to change channels, to read books and listen to audio books and listen to music or play games. Is there any other way?

Author:
Glen Lee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/28/05 Mon

yeah, can't sleep without my palm at my side... I also use it as an alarm clock. And I play music when I am going to sleep

Another reason why I cant live without my palm!

Author:
Seth
[ Edit | View ]

I haven't done that but that's a good idea. I'm afraid of killing my palm in my sleep so never tried it. I might though!

-Seth

Author:
Seth
[ Edit | View ]

I haven't done that but that's a good idea. I'm afraid of killing my palm in my sleep so never tried it. I might though!

-Seth

Author:
AndyW
[ Edit | View ]

My treo 600 is always at my side. I travel a lot and it is the best device I have ever owned. I use it to wake me, download news, email and I have a hot key to memo, for notes. Plus the backlight keyboard is a real plus in the middle of the night. My only dislike is the damn bright light from the screen while I type out my semi-lucid thoughts.

Author:
Andy McCabe
[ Edit | View ]

I leave it on the table next to my bed but not into bed ;)

Author:
Grace
[ Edit | View ]

Yes. I used to read with the backlight on when I woke up in the middle of the night. It helped preserve marital harmony. But I read so much on my Palm, I'm going to stop doing that for awhile and get back to reading books.

Author:
scott
[ Edit | View ]

well, yes.

i listen to an audible book almost every night before sleep. relaxing. right now, i'm finishing up 'the pickwick papers!'

Author:
scott
[ Edit | View ]

... and, you know, i believe it's illegal in several southern states! ;)

Author:
Jan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/29/05 Tue

I keep my Handspring Visor Deluxe by my bed for several reasons.

To read ebooks in the dark. My newer devices are too bright for the dark room. The illuminated letters of the backlight of my Visor are soothing, and don't wake my light-sleeping (no pun intended ;-) husband.

To jot down ideas. There are often times when I think of something I need to do, or I have an idea that I want to remember. I've found that if I don't jot it down, I can NEVER remember what it was in the morning.

To play an occasional game. If I'm too wound up to read, I have some old favorites on the Visor that keep me occupied.

My nightstand is never without my Visor!

By the way...I'm a little concerned about Seth's self-confessed nighttime homicidal tendencies! ;-)

Author:
Charlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/30/05 Wed

My tungsten c is always on my nightstand. It is my alarm clock for getting up in the morning and a round of wordpop or brickshooter helps me fall asleep.If I have the time, I will read an ebook through my ereader application or medical
informarion through isilo.I cannot live without it!

Author:
PJ Arts
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/31/05 Thu

GUILTY!

Once the lights are off, I put in the headphones, turn on PocketTunes, and do some email, and catch up on the news on the web. If something pops in my wee little mind, I just type it into Tasks, and I'm set.

Author:
eleven
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/12/05 Tue

no, dont forget we have a different time zone, man :)

Author:
John Frodsham
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/26/05 Tue

Yes to read ebooks.

Author:
MC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/27/05 Wed

Well, I leave it on my night table next to the bed (I'm afraid of crushing it while sleeping). Practically every night, I do a bit of reading of the stuff I've plucked using Sunrise to view on Plucker. Then, I start up my daily Audible listen of my Wall Street Journal. Usually, this is a good way of getting me to sleep because I usually discover that I've fallen asleep sometime during the program and usually wake up in the middle of it. Good sleeping aid. And even if I don't wake up, at the end of the program, Audible automatically shuts itself off.

And most times, I use my Palm as an alarm clock. I've never been able to not be woken up by the Palm.

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.