VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: what would your life be like without your palm?

Author:
Glen Lee
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04/11/05 Mon

For me, life without palm is unimaginable...
I depend on my palm everyday, to track my schedules, keep me busy or chat with my friends via GPRS..

I have basically elimated the use of pen and paper since I have started using my palm..
Just wondering if you guys thought the same?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: what would your life be like without your palm?

Author:
Sammy at Palm Addict
[ Edit | View ]

life would be hell

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Simoninmarch
[ Edit | View ]

I think life would lose its meaning. I would have no way of expressing about half of my personality. My palm exercises my brain. There would be no way to work out my thoughts other than on scrappy bits of paper that I would lose, no convenient way to read the news during the day (I don't like computers too much because they are big, bulky, and affect your eyes after a while), no way to get the satisfaction of writing programs.

It doesn't bear thinking about. Ugh.

Author:
PJ Arts
[ Edit | View ]

Without exaggeration, it would be the same as cutting of a limb (a beloved limb, at that). Palm Zen has enabled me to jump into a new career, life, etc. It has helped me to re-define myself and differentiate myself at the same time. It has given me convenience, pleasure and advantage...and a community of fellows around the globe.

What a cruel question!

Author:
Jan
[ Edit | View ]

I had to laugh when I read all of your answers to Glen's sad question! We are all truly Palm Addicts!!! :-)

And the funny part is that I agree with all of you, and relate to the answers! I can't think of any other single item that serves so many purposes. It is a miraculous little machine!

WITHOUT IT, LIFE WOULDN'T BE WORTH LIVING!!!

(PJ, I am dying to know the difference between a "regular" limb and a "beloved" limb! ;-)

Author:
PJ Arts
[ Edit | View ]

Jan, I'm surprised at you not knowing what a 'beloved limb is'...being a married woman, and all.

It's a child (now, get your minds out of the gutter, you Forum readers, you!).

[> [> Subject: Re: what would your life be like without your palm?

Author:
Jan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/12/05 Tue

PJA,
Thanks for the clarification! That's what I thought you meant!!

:-)

Author:
ThePastor
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/12/05 Tue

I would eventually die. My T|2 keeps me aware of important appointments every day. I need it to remind me of medicine I have to take during allergy season. It also reminds me of birthdays of members of the church so i can call them and wish them a happy birthday. It runs me to a degree. The best thing is I don't forget anything that i need to do!!

Author:
MC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/27/05 Wed

Extremely disorganized, stressed out individual. I have been using the paper daytimer before my Zire 71 and at that time, couldn't understand why people would want those digital organizers. Remember those old Sharp ones where it was considered cool to be able to transfer addressbooks over to the computer but you had to pay so much for that cable?

I didn't get my Palm until Oct 2003 and now, I can't imagine life without it. It has done so much for me. It has kept me entertained with mp3s, videos, games. It has kept me organized with the datebook and addressbooks with alarms to remind me of things and errands to do during the day. No paper daytimer will do that! I can keep track of stuff that synchronizes to my Excel and Word documents. I can surf the internet. There's way too many things that a "little" Palm can do that I can't imagine my life without one now. I hope to keep using my Palm for many more years, but when the time comes to retire it, I will have to get another one.

My Palm has become a part of me that without it, I'm not me anymore.

Author:
RT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/28/05 Thu

My Palm keeps me on top of my organization, both professionally and personally. However, I still keep a paper journal. Afterall, I need to remember how to actually write and form letters vs. grafitti!

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.