VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Re: Great Idea and a Better Concept!

Author:
Mike Boston
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04/14/05 Thu
In reply to: Nor M. 's message, "A keyboard with a connector... Please!!!" on 04/13/05 Wed

To add to your concept, such a keyboard should have this new multi-connector (female side--the same spec'd connector as on the handheld itself) on the back base of the portable keyboard, not just a 'power pass thru'. This added concept would give even greater flexability.

The USB sync cable and power adapter that is included with each new TE2, T5 and Treo650 could all be taken with you into the field-- nothing extra to buy and carry. Thus you would have, as you suggested, the same power unit for charging and long hour operations (listening to music and writing at the same time) and the cable for doing backups/downloads or emergency trickle charges off of a USB port from a fellow writer's laptop while on assignment. Everything you get in the box when you buy a new handheld unit now does muliple duties.

Come to think of it this would also serve as an alternative cradle concept when you get back home.

That's two persons thoughts. Any other givers?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: A keyboard with a connector... Please!!!

Author:
Gretchen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/15/05 Fri

I am with you, I prefer the physical connection too, I mean the palm and the keyboard! I have tried ir with the T3 and if you slightly move its little mirror, youre hosed until you fix it again. Whats cool too, is I like to take my power to go sled and have that attatched as well so I can take all the time I need when directly connected. I also have a lap desk, I guess its called, and I like to put my knees up as I type in the lazyboy chair, and you cant do that with ir.

BT, if it works, that could be ok too, but I do like the feel of it all in one unit so I can see as I type.

we really need a connector somehow to connect the universal to the newer connetion type. That would be great. Prolly have to make my own, but I wont be limited with my stuff.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.