VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Sunrise problems

Author:
Simoninmarch
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04/25/05 Mon

I installed Sunrise on my desktop this weekend and Plucker on my Tungsten E. Does anyone know how you get the two applcations to talk to each other? Is there a tick list of things to do? I have found the documentation for Sunrise a bit minimal.

On Sunrise I have ticked the box to say that the html files are going to a Plucker. I have told it I want to hotsync. Do I need to store the urls into a Sunrise document to get it to work? Do I need to install Python scripting as well? If anyone can suggest a start-up user guide of things to do, I would appreciate it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Sunrise problems

Author:
Simoninmarch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/26/05 Tue

The problem seems to be that Sunrise will not hotsync to my Palm. I have checked the following:

1. The Sunrise hotsync conduit is installed, and says 'Desktop overwrite handheld'.
2. The document to hotsync consists of two urls. they are scheduled to hotsync 'always'. Their output destination is the RAM on my palmtop. Link depth set to 2.
3. On the Tools\HotSync menu, I have chosen to install this document.
4. On the Tools\Preferences menu I have tried different 'user agents' (not quite sure what they are), but stuck with Mozilla, since that is my internet browser.
5. I have tried emailing the software author, but I am still awaiting a reply.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Re: Sunrise problems

Author:
Dick Tracy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/01/05 Sun

Have you installed the Sunrise stub on your E? Is there enough room in RAM for these files? What does your Hotsync log say? Have you reviewed the properties of your files in Sunrise Desktop to be sure they're going where you want?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.