VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Re: Post below how long you have been using a Palm.

Author:
Bernie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04/27/05 Wed
In reply to: Sammy at Palm Addict 's message, "Post below how long you have been using a Palm." on 04/05/05 Tue

I've been using a Palm PDA since 3 - 4 years ago.
Started with a Palm m105, then a Zire 71, Treo 270 and my current Palm is a T5.

The T5 has currently been very stable for me. For the past few weeks, the only resets the thing had to endure was purposely done (to defrag the memory or else TCMP wouldn't run smoothly).

No soft reset at all (well actually Agendus gave me one reset last week but consider this: Agendus is more stable on my T5 than on my previous PDA, the Zire 71!).

To all that are suffering instability, you are suffering needlessly. Let me assure you that these resets are not normal. A program is sure to be causing these crashes. Even programs that have been 'updated' for the T5 doesn't guarantee. It'll work. My previous terrible experience with instability was caused by one such program, TextPlus.

After removing the program, the PDA is superbly stable. Couple with the large screen, fast processor, great battery life and slim form factro - I think I just got my favourite PDA! For now at least...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Post below how long you have been using a Palm.

Author:
Todd Heidenreich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/27/05 Wed

I've been using Palm OS since 1996.

Through the early 90's I used CASIO organizers and two versions of the HP Omnigo LX (120LX and 200LX, I think). They were nice machines and ran DOS. Lots of hobbyist development.

I bought a Palm Pilot 1000 the first day they were available and haven't looked back yet. My progression: (addiction :)

Palm Pilot 1000
Palm Pilot Professional (ROM Upgrade)
Palm IIIx
Handspring Visor Deluxe (Black)
Handspring Prism
Palm Tungsten T
Palm Tungsten T2
Palm Tungsten T3 -- current machine.

Thinking about the new Tungsten X, but won't be able to buy it if it has a camera (not allowed at work).

Todd

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.