VoyForums

Sun February 17, 2019 11:51:05Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:09:05 01/21/03 Tue
Author: INTOX... peep for more
Author Host/IP: pcp02328294pcs.summit01.nj.comcast.net / 68.84.56.159
Subject: this was about my stance on organized religion... basically, I feel that it is a man-made institution and an arrogant one, at that. Humans are not the MOST important beings on Earth, they are just part of a larger entity in which all components are equal in importance, in terms of contribution to the whole of that larger entity. In other words, if humans vanished, the Earth would not cease to exist, nor would other forms of life.
In reply to: INTOX 's message, ""Those who spoke on the Truth of this choked on their Eucharist"... (IN BAR FORM)... delete the shit below, Stice..." on 20:27:40 01/20/03 Mon

i just feel like way too much importance is placed into a system of beliefs that is not based in fact and supported with concrete evidence. Religion was the logical answer to mankind's question "Why am I here and how did I get here?". There are many variations of the same answer, that being "A greater Being must have created us", but that doesn't change the fact that the answers are, until God reveals him/her/itself, completely and undeniably subjective.

Most people don't know this, but the story of Christ was actually based upon a hermaphroditic diety with the head of a donkey named Pales who was worshipped in the regions of Rome and Palestine (which is named after the donkey-creature). That isn't to say that Christ did not in fact exist, however the "rising on the 3rd day" and the crucifixion (although that may have actually happened) were parts most likely added on by Roman inhabitants of Palestine that still lingered in the region, knew of Pales, and wanted to make Christ seem more divine by giving him some of the donkey-God's characteristics.

look it up. Pales is actually the "golden calf" that was being idolized in the Bible, seeing as there are no cows in the Middle East.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• i felt this.made you really look into it deep and made you had to think bout it proper...real nice flow was good aswell....i found it hard to understand some but i liked it a LOT -- Truth, 05:56:38 01/21/03 Tue

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.