VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:06:36 05/28/03 Wed
Author: gunakar
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 202.153.46.9
Subject: how to down load the songs
In reply to: annabell 's message, "www.kazaa .com" on 12:32:42 12/19/02 Thu

pls tell me the way to down load the songs totally in detail
in totally details pls pls pls

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> re: how to download the songs (in detail) -- amoeba the ghost dog, 00:22:52 05/30/03 Fri (adsl-68-73-84-76.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net/68.73.84.76)

unfortunately john frusciante isn't well known, so it's tougher to find his songs on file sharing programs... but they are out there, i've downloaded all of smile from the streets you hold & some other misc stuff. i also have the 'stuff' video directed by johnny depp. i've found some things on kazaa (www.kazaa.com), but i mostly use winmx (www.winmx.com) and soulseek. i recommend soulseek. to use, do this:

go to http://www.slsk.org

click 'download'

download & install the latest version... you should be able to figure this much out.

pick a username, log on, click 'file search' and search for frusciante.

in the search results look at the column that says 'queue', this tells you how many people are in line ahead of you to download files from this user. all the songs that are greyed out (probably most of them) mean that there are people ahead of you. you can still enter the queue and eventually download the songs, but you will have to wait a while. the search results that aren't greyed out mean that you should be able to download them immediately.

from here you can do a few things. 1) you can double click a song (preferrably one that isn't greyed out) & it should begin to download. 2) you can right click on a song and either download the song,, download the entire folder the song is contained in, add the user to your user list, or try to browse the user's files - this isn't always possible, but it is useful. if you see a user who has a lot of stuff you want, you can add him to your user list by right clicking on a row with his name and selecting 'add to list'. you can see the progress of the downloads by clicking on the 'transfers' menu. you can also use the 'transfers' menu to open or delete files, and browse/add/message users.

my username on soulseek is ghostdog000. you can add me to your user list by selecting the 'user list' tab, right clicking in the 'user list' box, selecting 'add to list' and adding ghostdog000. if i'm online, you might be able to browse my files (i'm not sure if you can), & i should show up in the search results with a bunch of frusciante files.

hope this helps. sorry if i made it confusing, it probably would have helped if i used my shift key, but i'm a lazy person. good luck

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> downloading only? -- Diamante824, 13:37:20 07/09/03 Wed (cache-rp01.proxy.aol.com/152.163.253.33)

hey, I just have a question. . are kazaa,winmx,and soulseek only for downloading songs or can you download and burn songs to cd? It's probably a stupid question but I figured I ask, and if it's only for downloading where can I find a site or whatever to download and then burn songs to cd?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.