VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:28:37 01/10/04 Sat
Author: funkymonk2000@hotmail.com
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 194.106.147.88
Subject: Meaning of RHCPs songs

Hi!!! Can any1 help me, i need 2 no what some songs mean. Lyrics wise, what are your interpretation or even just wat some lines mean.“¸Here are the songs:“¸Around the World“¸Californication“¸Road Trippin'“¸Under the bridge“¸Me and my friends“¸Otherside“¸“¸I know der a bit obvious but im looking for detailed meaning.“¸Anything will help...ANYTHING!!!“¸Great site BY THE WAY!!!“¸tanx!!!“¸funkymonk2000@hotmail.com

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> meaning of RHCP's songs -- Mike Baglio, 17:34:03 01/27/04 Tue (ws117008.housing-tp.siu.edu/131.230.117.8)

What's up. I also need to know the meaning of RHCP "Californication." If you could send me some of the responses you got that would be great.
Thanx.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> reply -- superstar, 12:46:54 03/24/04 Wed (webcacheB06a.cache.pol.co.uk/195.92.168.168)

ok californication is about the california and l.a lifestyle, y'know like its all about material possesions and money. the line that goes "if you want these kind of dreams its californication" its saying these things mentioned in the song, like fame and money, are all products of this lifestyle. its basically saying californication is a condition or disease that distracts us from the really important things in life, "tidal waves couldn't save the world from californication"; nothing can stop it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> THE ANSWER -- soyblue (anthony adorer), 06:55:53 04/25/06 Tue (AC868142.ipt.aol.com/172.134.129.66)

I have ALL THE ANSWERS but it will take a year and a day (which I am prepared to give you). But first. I need the BEST SET OF RHCP PHOTOS EVER KNOWN TO EXIST because I am sad and hungry to view my main favorite wonderful admired person, Anthony. My computer crashed and I LOST IT ALL. I had pictures like you wouldn't believe and now it's ALL GONE! :(
Alright I have used amateur psychology all over these young men and you might not like it but it's going to interest you. Now before I can start telling you the meaning of the lyrics you have to pick a song. And one last thing. IT CAN'T BE THE LAST TWO ALBUMS. Both By the Way and Californication are fake: ANTHONY DIDN'T WRITE THEM. But they're pretty good art so keep buying. (Flea wrote them, Anthony used drugs, the slacker.)
I adore Anthony and met him once. I looked in his eyes and saw the truth. He was a man who needed a good friend more than anyone ever knew and lived amongst his enemiest with the cheeriest and wildest ways. His mom had cursed him because she thought he was mean and then everyone took him at face value when he said he loved her and they listened to her and not him. That was a horrible woman with no brains and when her young son went psychotic at the loss of his beloved father, she thought he was "recalcitrant" and "a brat" when he was screaming for understanding, and then they fought until he was 12 and got to leave the nest. She was a bitch and a half and she scared him so badly that he ALWAYS kissed butt and not even his best girlfriend, Jaime Rishar, realized he was lying. She sucked up to the mother and the worst thing happened: his true love Jaime misunderstood him and he left her. THEY WERE TRUE LOVES AND HE LEFT HER BECAUSE SHE COPIED HIS MOTHER AND MISUNDERSTOOD HIM. Anthony, that amazing and sensitive lover of women and friend of men, ACTUALLY FOUND HIS TRUE LOVE. Now be good to her if you know her because SHE IS ALONE.
Peace out and REPLY QUICKLY
love,
A VERY BIG FAN

[ Edit | View ]

[> Californication -- 8-|3aLL, 23:51:09 03/17/04 Wed (ip68-107-36-130.sd.sd.cox.net/68.107.36.130)

I dont know if this helps but my interprtation of Californication was that califonication is some type of drug (probobly weed) and when he smoke some (or alot) he had a dream where felt like he was in a video game, as if nothing could hurt him, he was invincible. but thats just MY interpritaion i dont know if thats it. Just lissen to the song again (accually its even better if you watch the video) and think and those lines. Now for the reason why he would call drugs californication is probobly cause california smokes the most weeed. Sure New York city has more then LA but what about San Diego, San Fransisco, and Sacromento. If you disagree with anything/everything i just said reply and tell me why im wrong. sereosly prove me wrong, I'd rather be proven wrong and then know the truth, than think im right when im wrong, if you know what i mane

Your worst neighbor
8-|3aLL

P.S. Sorry for the spelling and punktuation but i just dont care, unless its a term paper or something

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> WTF??? -- no-one, 11:09:35 12/26/04 Sun (user56.res140-fi2.jtibs.net/82.112.140.56)

are you stupid????

California + Fornication = Californication....nuff said.

"Dream of Californication.."

Anthony is singing about dreaming of having sex in California... its simple.

Angry Man

[ Edit | View ]

[> Meaning Californication -- Jan, 12:30:07 03/20/04 Sat (a80-127-12-114.adsl.xs4all.nl/80.127.12.114)

Isn't rather literal? California is the center of the (media) world. It tells us who we ought to be, ought to want, ought to know.

This protestsong simply states that the emphasis on appearances is unhealthy. It's spell on the minds of the vurnable is unmatched and its effect is called californication.

My 2 cts

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> you guys -- Gpie, 17:40:48 06/10/05 Fri (c-24-130-173-56.hsd1.ca.comcast.net/24.130.173.56)

You guys really are jackasses to each other. honeslty calm down.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> The "True" Meaning -- Gerard Roger, 06:13:04 04/12/06 Wed (host-66-134-73-30.covad.com/66.134.73.30)

Californication is referred to the influnce of "Tinsel Town" on the minds of the common man. It refferes to the phase which one goes through at the end of the movie, a time where one assumes the character of the actor. Even though that feeling doesnt last for very long the unchained mind is not stopped from imagining about a world where everything is possible. That is Californication!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> dont fall.. -- ezekiel, 00:07:01 10/09/06 Mon (66-168-74-160.dhcp.fdul.wi.charter.com/66.168.74.160)

californication is more or less telling you"dont fall for it". to people who wish to go there to see the sun, the beach, the glory, the happiness. all of it is just a figment of the imagination of the californians> they are so lost in themselvs they wish to drag others down. others who are wiser than they are. so basically keep your self safe and enjoy your life where you are and with what you have.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> thank you -- 15, 03:28:06 03/27/07 Tue (CPE-124-186-123-107.qld.bigpond.net.au/124.186.123.107)

yu just finished my assignment.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Meaning of Californication -- Nina, 22:22:20 04/27/04 Tue (pppd100.ts.co.nz/202.50.126.100)

Oh my God!! Californication is Not about drugs!! Whats wrong with you!
Cali- as in Calafornia + Fornication- Sex =CALIFORNICATION!
Duh!! (and u spelt weed wrong)
Any Kurt Cobain Fans out there drop me a line!! Or RHCP

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> wow your an idiot -- idiot, 14:28:57 01/12/05 Wed (24.152.210.177.res-cmts.eph.ptd.net/24.152.210.177)

That is not what the song is about at all. Californication has nothing to do with sex. You sir/madaam are an ass! AN ignorant, uneducated, self-involved, incomprehensive, narrow-minded, politically incorrect, unreachable, ass I have ever heard of. You talk like you are one hundred percent sure that YOU know what the song is about. The truth is there is no exact interpretation of the song. It is what you want it to be. If RHCP wanted it to mean something they would have said it right out. And if you actually read the lyrics there is no direct parallel between your view on it, and the actual view of it. I am not ruling your opinion out, everyone is entitled to there own opinion. If I were ruling it out that action alone would make me a bigger fool then you, thus gaining me the award of stupidest person alive. I would hate to take that title away from John Kerry. He wears it well.haha, that was a joke. See i am not only a genius but a comedian also. SO on that happy note i leave you in peace. Have a great day and God have pity on ur ignorance. If you or anyone wouldl iek to contact me on that, please im me. cass1234569. I will further your education.

And to all the beautiful girls i am good looking also.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> THANK YOU! -- RHCP, 22:03:56 12/11/06 Mon (cpe-76-175-101-5.socal.res.rr.com/76.175.101.5)

OMG! thanks youu! Just today some moron tried to convince me its about sex. talk about idiocy.

[ Edit | View ]

[> meaning behind the music -- vero, 09:20:22 05/04/04 Tue (ca-elcentro1a-224.losaca.adelphia.net/68.66.229.224)

I was a little girl when i first heard UNDER THE BRIDGE. At the time I didn't understand the words because i was too young. Although somehow, I did understand that it was a sad song and that someone was trying to get away from their problems and worst fears. Now with many yrs and experiences with the law and drug use I can say that I'm really in tune with the lyrics.
UNDER THE BRIDGE means to me about a man who is in love with the city of LA and all the drugs that come with it.
It sounds to me that he became very lonely because he disconnected himself from reality: his family, friends, and bandmates. Drugs became his life.
UNDER THE BRIDGE DOWNTOWN IS WHERE I DREW
SOME BLOOD.
UNDER THE BRIDGE DOWNTOWN I COULD NOT GET
ENOUGH.
UNDER THE BRIDGE DOWNTOWN I GAVE MY LIFE AWAY!
Seems to me he was experiencing one of the most ultimate lows of his life. I mean to give up your friends, your family,and your life to buy and do drugs under a bridge in downtown LA. It sounds very lonely.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> what is meant by windy kiss???? -- petto (confused), 06:44:30 08/28/07 Tue (host81-149-19-53.in-addr.btopenworld.com/81.149.19.53)

in the song under the bridge what is ment by windy kiss this has baffeld me for meny years and wounderd if any1 out there knew if so let me now by e_mailing me at king_cobra66@hotmail.com

[ Edit | View ]

[> UNDER THE BRIDGE -- david, 05:08:27 05/10/04 Mon (pD9560ACE.dip.t-dialin.net/217.86.10.206)

actually this song isn´t just about someones drug addiction but about lead singer Anthony Keidis´ own addiction to heroin. everytime he sings "she" he means "heroin".

and Nina, i totally agree with you, think i drop you a line *smile*

cheers,

d.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> meaning under the bridge -- Tim, 12:09:20 01/31/05 Mon (84-104-148-89.cable.quicknet.nl/84.104.148.89)

dude, just one fault: 'she' is L.A. 'At least I have her love, the city she loves me'

[ Edit | View ]

[> Californication -- Alex, 00:09:45 08/07/04 Sat (S01060080c6fcc8d1.vs.shawcable.net/24.86.65.121)

Superstar had the best interpretation of Calafornication. It has nothing to do with drugs or being invincible like in a video game. Watch the Greatists Hits and Videos DVD and Jon and Valerie (directors of the video) state that the video was just a crazy idea they came up with. It had nothing to do with the meaning. Video's rarely (at least in the case of RHCP) have anything to do with the songs meaning. They have said that they really don't like making videos because they don't like to attach a visual message to the song. But, back to Calafornication, Superstar was right in saying that it has to do with the extremely materialistic view of the media today.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Meaning of UTB -- hex, 12:47:33 01/20/05 Thu (213-48-137-185.dial.cvx01.stav.blueyonder.co.uk/213.48.137.185)

If you read Anthony Kiedis' autobigraphy then you will understand the meaning of this song better than anyone on here will be able to explain it.

Ill try my best: The song is about his addiction to heroin and how it disconnected him from everything and everyone he loved. "Under the bridge" actually refers to the underneath of a freeway overpass where he used to go to buy and shoot drugs from what i believe were mexican dealers.

[ Edit | View ]

[> meanings -- John Beckler, 04:46:24 01/29/05 Sat (NoHost/12.6.239.209)

U gota look inside them like, under the bridge for instance, if u understand what the band was goin through at that time then u can understand what anthony's trying to say, with around the world, if u noticed a majority of songs on the californication album were about the earth, around the world (obviously) is expressing it's beuty. And otherside like i said before in MY opinion is another about RHCP's past drug problem. I have a big behind the scenes dvd that came with there newest greatest hits album and on the making of the californiacation vided john says how there were a lot of mixed ideas for this album but in the end he personaly want to show his arms in a video witch he has never done before, and if u don't kno wbout his arms ur a dumbass. Just a few thoughts.

[ Edit | View ]

[> by the way -- rosa, 03:54:25 06/18/05 Sat (cache-hki-5.inet.fi/194.251.240.113)

By The Way is really weird song..I mean the lyrics. I don´t get them.. But maybe they get their own lyrics themselves..

[ Edit | View ]

[> waat -- andrew, 00:54:10 08/07/05 Sun (adsl-68-89-45-136.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net/68.89.45.136)

live at slane castle d best concert by the chili peppers recemmond it!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> ME ME ME -- Soy, 03:32:11 04/28/06 Fri (ACA247CB.ipt.aol.com/172.162.71.203)

Dear All,
Californication was a message from Michael B to yours truly. He said, "Why are you writing to A when I am your beau and how come someone who writes slutty poetry won't put IT on the line and sell it? Because that's all we do here and are you a hybrid or a sweetheart? One means marriage and one means hell... or both... but not to me because I'm with Loesha, a hooker...
SO COMMENT MICHAEL YOUR ASS IS ON THE LINE
:p
Love ya less than ya want
SARAH DAVISON SLUTTY POETRY XXX @ yahoo.INDEX or something you ape (no, I'm the hairy one and ANTHONY IS TOO FASTIDIOUS because you see it on the street in LA they look like MEN (which isn't a problem "Have hole will fill it everyone but YOU you dumb WASP unless that was your twin sister WHO WE JUST KILLED IN TAIWAN SO DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME
I'm not annoyed but I want to seem that way SHE'S NOT EVEN FAMOUS AND THE ATTITUDE, OW you should see the profile under "woodwater" at our free mark it FREE bbs on the website if you haven't forgotten this is a FANSITE and we don't come here that often before ANTHONY FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM AND HE'S NOT EVEN GAY

[ Edit | View ]

[> songs meanings! -- cookafalawach, 11:33:01 08/10/05 Wed (gw.loglogic.com/209.172.100.34)

hallaaaaa

you can find the song meanings here:

http://alpha.rawsugar.com/collections/deanDN13/personal?__se=0&__ss=T&__rn=10&__t0=tpc&__q0=4554&__rf=0&__qs=1&__noc=0

type in "song meanings" in the search box and yeah...
tell me how it went

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> HI -- Soy, 21:22:19 04/27/06 Thu (AC916A5A.ipt.aol.com/172.145.106.90)

HI ANTHONY! I'd know you anywhere. "Tell me how it went." HA! SO YOU CAN DISPUTE IT! Well fine.
BLOOD SUGAR SEX MAGIK means "I am a brilliant (top-seeded for breadth, not perseverance or education) man with a strange problem: when I got born my parents scared me and I found that the back half of my skull reproduced a holograph of me filled with a thin slice of full-body energy which started to drift from human to human going in and out like a ghost because I wanted someone to recognize what I was thinking and feeling (from looking at my eyes and face and seeing tiny shifts showing "colors" or "inner weather" which would be noticeable thru sympathy or empathy or something like insight and caring), but actually Dad did something unpleasant with a "trap you under a paperweight" feeling which was quite cold and I didn't know if I was supposed to have the same attitude to myself because it LANDED on me and he was bigger and got there first. HE WAS SCARED OF BEING A POP and not having any privacy any more but I didn't know why he would suddenly FORCE HIS THOUGHTS/FEELINGS/ATTITUDES at me like that as if I should get squished.
I had so many soulslices because no one ever talked to me about my feelings (sigh) (well, to be fair we tend to assume that all is well) that suddenly when I was 29-33 I had as many "slices" as a broom has twigs, which Soy knows because I told her using clairvoyance... and I was "dying" because I couldn't find the girl I wanted/ had lost the girl I needed when she terminally misunderstood me (ow) and I felt despair, plus... (I was trying harder and harder to contact more and more people at once, like a huge TV... sorry! But my system is even sorrier that happened, ow.)
(When Dad vanished I couldn't tell what my part in it was especially because I heard Dad say, "What's up for today Babe" and Mom said (OH MY GOD!!!), "Don't call me that, I have one baby already!" and I was sitting right there and ...) (And it turns out, she was being mean to him because I smiled at Dad more and stared harder at her, well, she had a temper problem and something worse... if you know Italians it turns out they are always ready, armed and determined to put a voice in your ear that causes a scar... in fact it's called aggression and everyone psychiatric says you can't do that instead of anger or you are going too far. (IE don't throw or yell, just describe it quickly "I feel angry when you XYZ" and if you're not too awful, without bizarrely cruel ideas) But what if they all did it at once (ITALIAN AMERICAN CULTURE!!??) and there was no really good way to complain without standing out, so you'd kind of need some, well, to put it carefully, TACT?)
Speak Anthony!
I wrote in 96 saying I heard what had to be a soulslice of you and you must have jumped 10 feet in the air possibly out the window with or without wondering: did she see the real me and what the hell is my next move?
(Reminder: I am your secretary! See profile!)
Humble Mwuh from extremely loving fan,
Also Idea-filled you-describer (PLEASE COMMENT???)
Soy

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> i am humble tho -- Soy, 21:35:24 04/27/06 Thu (AC916A5A.ipt.aol.com/172.145.106.90)

I am brave and I told my mom's best italian friend my honorary aunt about the aggression thing. To my shock the mood lightened and who knows how many people she might have passed this idea to. you know you have to obey the culture sometimes but if it was making you fight too hard with your voice to relax it could make you willing to realize it was unconsciously unpleasant in an easily fixable way.
Hopefully if Anthony's soulslice sliding thru a lot of TV heads made a comment, no one thought it was themself going balistic and learning a new culture! He could convert us all into Italians without trying and each psychologist would be clinging woozily to a palm tree like a lost soul in a tsunami wondering how to say things kindly any more if no one else could do it at once.
PS MICHAEL I'M ONTO YOU. ARE YOU GAY FOR ANTHONY or sorry, I've got this on my mind because I don't understand not loving what nature designed for your body! ... But I'll tell you this: activity keeps you feeling alive and I bet the Russians would even encourage gay relations if they wanted their army to be the most superior on the planet not filled with softies like in the US. Did you ever see a tough boob? Because I don't think you realize that we might as well colonize IRAQ as send ten million POTENTIAL FAMILIES over there. I'm sorry but actually I don't think women are supposed to be on the front line, I'm not saying they don't have blood to spurt, but what if we just said "we're mean, you're dumb, I'll take that oil" because did we become selfless over it or is it my imagination?
SORRY MR. BUSH BUT I DON'T GET IT.
:(
Also *ramble* Whoops
S

[ Edit | View ]

[> I know what the song otherside means -- Christine, 08:43:58 06/20/06 Tue (71-86-188-136.dhcp.mrqt.mi.charter.com/71.86.188.136)

The song otherside is about the sins we commit in life and that they are things you may have to deal with in the afterlife. If you believe in that sort of thing. That is what I understood from the song.

[ Edit | View ]

[> jones-chased by werewolves -- jones, 18:08:37 12/28/06 Thu (72-161-26-49.dyn.centurytel.net/72.161.26.49)

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.