VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: preparations anc new characters

Author:
stefan de velociraptor
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 05:07:53 09/02/03 Tue
Author Host/IP: dyn-ctb-203-221-72-108.webone.com.au/203.221.72.108

sorry if I keep bringing in new characters but I can't help it, it's what makes me a good writer

Tamith stood next to the party who were by now making merry quite rowdily. the weather had taken a turn for the worse and rain swept through the darkening sky, a reminder of the storm. Inside the tavern however, the atmosphere was as jovial as always. a traveling player had dropped in and wa recounting the legend of Othgar to an appreciative audience of awed youths and the innkeeper was talking heartily to a russian man of immense stature who seemed to be a cargo hauler from warmwater bay.
Tamith gazed outside as she gripped her mug of foaming mulled wine (I hope you do indulge in a bit of a drink. if you don't scold me please. hope I don't offend) and looked contentedly out of the window. she pitied the poor people in the convoy still out there. Along the street a man turned the corner followed by a small deinoncichus. Through the sleeting rain, tamith recognised gareth as the wiry youth strode into the circle of light cast by the lamps of the tavern. but the raptor was new to her.
gareth swung himself down the stairs and shook his hair vigorously in the vestibule, shedding cape and cloak like a dog sheds water. The raptor simply stood for a moment before coming in through the door.
Dressed in a vest and asian style trousers, gareth looked a lot less formidable than with sword and cloak. he grinned as he walked up to Tamith.
" hya, pleased to see you got here safely. Dylan didn't want to come, he's resting at the senate while the healers tend to that gash on his head. by the way" he gestured to the raptor who had now come up behind him "paki, this is Tamith Kai, Tamith, this is Paki'tar, the speaker for Chandara." the raptor gave a knee bending bow as Myrna sidled up with a couple of steaming mugs

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Of herbs and stewed rabbit.

Author:
Tamith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:48:30 09/02/03 Tue
Author Host/IP: 66-50-91-40.prtc.net/66.50.91.40

OOC: LOL:) sorry about the post title, had to do that:D And don't worry Stefan, I do drink on occasion:D

Tamith smiled and nodded at Gareth. Dylan resting… now there’s an idea, she thought with a smile and made a mental note to check on him as soon as she got the chance knowing her friend’s dislike and distrust of healers outside his family’s nucleus. And Dylan being as unpredictable as he was, you could never be too sure about anything. She then turned back to the new comers.

“Pleasure to meet you acquaintance,” she told Gareth and Paki’tar. “People in this city have been nothing but helpful since we arrived. Have you met the dolphinbacks?” she asked the Speaker.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.