VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: Plot twist! Warning- dark post

Author:
Jebar
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:23:42 09/02/03 Tue
Author Host/IP: cache-ntc-ae04.proxy.aol.com/198.81.26.137

The small group carefully combed the beaches, looking for other survivors. Surely, if they had survived, others could have made it to the shore of this fantastical island.

Jebar shifted the weight of the food and cooking utensils on his back. He was strong, but not used to carrying two days wroth of food for three people. And the heat and humidity didn’t help much either. Still, he was thankful for his dark skin; Captain McGreggor and Lucas were looking fairly pink from the sun. By days end, they’d be quite red.

Suddenly, Namir ran ahead of the group and to the waters edge. The large tiger chased something bobbing in the surf for a moment before finally catching it in his massive paws. Almost delicately, he held the collar of a child’s shirt in his teeth, and dragged him farther up shore.

The captain and Lucas quickly ran to the man while Jebar tried his best to keep up. When he caught a glimpse of what Namir had found, he dropped the pack and ran after them.

“Good boy, Namir,” Lucas praised his pet. He rubbed the cat on its head. Namir purred, then began licking the face of the boy he had rescued.

When Jebar arrived, his heart leapt into his throat. It was his son...

"Kairo. Kairo, wake up." Almost angrily, he shoved Namir away and cradled his son in his arms.

"Here, let me see the boy," the Captain demanded. He practically had to pry Jebar’s arms away from him. But, he wasn’t happy with what he saw. At least the boy was alive.

A quick look proved that the only thing that had kept the young boy afloat for so long was a spar, through his stomach. It was a miracle that he was still alive.

Lucas put his hand on the darker mans shoulder. “Jebar, I’m so sorry.”

“No, it’s Ok. He’ll live.” Jebar continued to hug his son. “I’ve seen worse.”

Kairo coughed up a little blood and looked up at his dad. A small groan escaped his lips.

“Shh-hh-hh… It’ll be OK,” Jebar comforted.

Captain McGreggor shook his head, and began digging through the pack that Jebar had dropped. Quickly, he found what he had been looking for. He kept the knife hidden.

“Jebar, it’ll be better if we just end it for him. The boy’s not going to make it.”

“No, he’ll be fine! We just need to find him a doctor.” He hugged the boy closer, not minding the blood that seeped onto his own cloths. It had taken so much to find his son, then to find enough money to buy Kairo from the slave owner. He couldn’t die now; not like this. Tears began stinging his eyes. Why had he lived, and his son about to die?
Namir had gone back out into the surf, letting the ocean drench his coat and cool him off. He watched the humans going about some strange business with mild interest. Still, the scent of blood made him hungry.

“Jebar, say goodbye. We can’t leave him like this. It’s cruel to let him die this slowly.”

“No…” He hugged him tighter.

It took both Lucas and Captain McGreggor to pull Jebar away from his son. Lucas held him back while the Captain covered the boys face with the handkerchief from his neck, and plunged the old cooking knife into the boys heart. It was only moments before Kairo stopped gasping for air, and was at peace.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!

Author:
Ari Firefang
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:21:04 09/06/03 Sat
Author Host/IP: 0-1pool23-99.nas50.stockton1.ca.us.da.qwest.net/65.147.23.99

That is the most tragic post I've ever read, though very well written. I can't help but wonder you decided to have the kid die?? Excuse my prying, please.

BD,RF,SP

Aurora Firefang

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: OOC...

Author:
Lucas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:31:49 09/06/03 Sat
Author Host/IP: atl-tgn-yae-vty51.as.wcom.net/216.192.197.51

I'm going to be post response soon, then we'll do a post together. Our intentions will be clear soon enough:) We thought we'd add a little edge since most of the plot was rather solved and we haven't really role played long at all!

[> [> [> Subject: Re: OOC...

Author:
Ari
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:59:19 09/06/03 Sat
Author Host/IP: 0-1pool27-99.nas52.stockton1.ca.us.da.qwest.net/65.147.27.99

OK. I guess I just overreacted at the sudden death of the kid. I'll eagerly await the next post!!!( Hey, maybe my characters and yours can encounter each other! Might be funny, being they're a scrawney kid and a Utahraptor;)!!!)

Breathe Deep, Run Fast, Seek Peace,

Aurora Firefang

[> Subject: Response

Author:
Lucas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:03 09/07/03 Sun
Author Host/IP: 66-50-91-182.prtc.net/66.50.91.182

OOC: Ari you can join up with us, but I recomend you wait a while before you do. The group from WC is coming our way so if you want join up with them and eventually they'll reach us.

Lucas felt part of himself shatter as the boy stopped breathing. He had dedicated most of his life to the hunt of exotic and potentially dangerous animals and in the process such a life had cost him more than one friend. He could only begin to imagine the pain his shipmate was going through because he had never reproduced. Fatherly love was totally alien to him, but he had lost brothers. He took his eyes away from the boy and looked back towards trees. They had to bury him, it was the least they could do since they had failed so miserably at saving his life.

"Captain," he said softly laying a hand on the older man's shoulder. "Please assist me in digging a grave. Let Jebar keep the body until it is time." McGreggor nodded, silently raising to his feet and following Lucas deeper inland.

"Namir," Lucas called to his great cat. The tiger returned from his position on the shore and sat before his master. Through sign language and gestures, Lucas communicated to his cat what he was to do: comb the surroundings for aromatic flowers. They would perform the ceremony right.

McGreggor had already picked a decent spot well away from the reach of waves in the near by foliage and setting down his pack, began to dig. Taking one last look and Jebar, and at a total loss for words, Lucas squeezed his shoulder.
"I'm sorry," he said. The darker man did not respond, nor did he expect him to as he turned and went to aid his older shipmate.

[> [> Subject: Cool.

Author:
Ari
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:03:54 09/10/03 Wed
Author Host/IP: 0-2pool18-125.nas51.stockton1.ca.us.da.qwest.net/65.146.18.125

I was thinking since we're in the Basin, and I posted a big fight, maybe I could mess around with my posts and have Sam be a ship's boy, while having lied because he WANTED to be a trapper. Then I'ld have myself go look for him at another location, then Sam could run into the WC group. Then, if it was OK with everyone else, Ari could go wherever you decide to end up and have ANOTHER big fight. Don't take me too seriously, I'm kinda bored right now so I think I'll put down some more story .:)

[> [> Subject: Location

Author:
Azonthus
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:26:29 09/11/03 Thu
Author Host/IP: cache-ntc-ae04.proxy.aol.com/198.81.26.137

Uh.... We're NOT in the Basin. This takes place in Blackwood Flats, hence the name Blackwood Flats Safari. We've done RP's in the Basin before and decided to try staying away from there;) And It's impossible to get to the Rainy Basin from, Blackwood Flats where the shipwreck happened.

RF, SP,

Az

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Location

Author:
Ari
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:00:42 09/14/03 Sun
Author Host/IP: 0-2pool19-112.nas53.stockton1.ca.us.da.qwest.net/65.146.19.112

Whoopsi!! Guess that my post about crossing into it won't work, huh? Oh, well, I'll re-write it somehow.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.