VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: Finding the sneak;)

Author:
Tamith
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04:07:01 09/10/03 Wed
Author Host/IP: 66-50-91-14.prtc.net/66.50.91.14
In reply to: Vorchia 's message, "Re: OK, repost with some corrections!! THIS ONE IS THE ONE THAT COUNTS :)" on 23:49:23 09/09/03 Tue

Tamith stared blankly out the window in the inn lobby as she considered LiquidFire’s question. Little water droplets where tapping on the window surface in an almost musical fashion and for a moment, she just stared at them totally at a loss for words.

“Oh no,” she muttered. “He wouldn’t…”

“Would what?” the Utharaptor asked her slightly puzzled as the human girl rose from her seat in an almost dreamlike state.

Without giving any explanations, Tamith crossed the lobby and walked out the front door of the inn. LiquidFire gapped after the girl and in a swift movement was after her as well. When she caught up to Tamith, she was sprinting down the city alleys.

“He has to be there…” she muttered. “Where else would he go?”

“Go where??” LiquidFire insisted, still totally lost.

The final alley opened up into the sandy coast of the Bay and only then did Tamith slow down. Panting for breath, she scanned her surroundings.

“Here?” LiquidFire said incredulously. “What kind of idiot comes to the bay when it’s raining outside? Not to mention he was wounded and…” she stopped short and looked in the direction Tamith was pointing, still too breathless for words. Her jaw fell open. Sitting some twenty meters from them, starring peacefully out into the bay was Dylan. For a minute, she just starred speechless and truly pondering the workings of the male human’s brain, because for the life of her she could not figure it out.

Dylan seemed to notice their presence because he turned in their direction and with a giant grin waved them towards him. Tamith was already half of the way there and she wasted no time catching up to her.

“YOU LITTLE IDIOT OF A MAMMAL!” LiquidFire exclaimed. “What were you thinking?” He wonder and confusion increased further when she saw that Dylan was completely wet. It almost looked as if he had decided to jump in the Bay for a swim.

“I….umm… fancied a swim,” he said sheepishly confirming her ludicrous theory. She simply gapped at him. He had decided to go for a swim in the middle of a storm… that was beyond rash, even by human standards. She looked at Tamith incredulously but strangely, the human girl didn’t look surprised at all.

“You!” Tamith said hugging her friend. “You had us worried sick! You should have told me you’d be here! Half the inn is looking for you, you little sneak!”

“I’m sorry,” Dylan said smiling at her. “I just didn’t want to risk going through her again.” At this he motioned with his head at LiquidFire, who was standing there totally at a loss for words.

“Well…” she said finally reacting. “You didn’t want to spend a night in a hospital, now you’re gonna have to! Swimming in this weather!! And you were wounded, irresponsible! What were you thinking!! Let me look at those again.”

Dylan tried to move away from the healer’s grasp, but he was in the middle of both his friends so he couldn’t squirm away. LiquidFire was muttering something about a loss of perfectly good bandages as she undid to wet and useless ones he was wearing around his head to inspect the wound further. If she had been confused before, what she discovered made her jump backwards. The deep wound he had had that had been freely bleeding but hours before was gone. In fact, there wasn’t any trace of it ever being there at all. She blinked a few times then got a grip of him again and searched for the multiple cuts he had on his arms and chest. They were gone too.

“What the…” Liquidfire muttered. “How did…”

“Well….” Dylan stuttered. “Good job to you, doctor, I’m all better now!”

“Nuh uh!” LiquidFire exclaimed suddenly. “Not like that you aren’t!”

Tamith just sported a big grin on her face. The severity of the situation didn’t seem to stun her at all. She sat back allowing her friend some room to stand up.

“So you guys finally found him.”

The three of them turned around to see Gareth walking towards them. He must have seen the two girls walk out of the inn and followed.

“YES!” the healer Utharaptor exclaimed. “He.. he… I don’t know! But something’s not right here!”

Dylan ignored the debate that was surely going to start roaring at his back soon and walked back towards the semi stormy waters.

“Where are you going?” Tamith asked him walking to catch up.

“I’m gonna wash the sand off,” he told her. “Obviously I’ll be expected back at the inn now with evil healer pouring in with concerns for my health.” Tamith caught the slight hint of sarcasm and laughed. Dylan grinned back and walked into the foamy waters.

“How can you do that?” Tamith asked. “It must be freezing in there!”

“Naw, it’s quite warm actually,” Dylan replied after ducking under the waves ones. “The wind is what makes you feel cold.”

He was waist deep in water before turning to exit. He was almost out when he felt himself grow cold. Dylan narrowed his eyes and winced at the pain that suddenly ripped his insides. Before he knew it, he was on his knees gasping at the sudden pain and his vision blurred. He shut his eyes closed and when he opened them, he notice that he was surrounded in blood. He looked back towards shore, but Tamith was nowhere to be found. All he could see where blurry images of people in motion. All he knew was that someone somewhere was dying.

“DYLAN!”

Tamith voice broke through the dreamlike state he had been in. He opened her eyes and saw her worried face above his.

“He’s coming about,” another voice said.

“Irresponsible! Straight to sick bay for you!” the third one exclaimed.

“I’m alright…” he muttered sitting up. He looked around him and was surprised not to find the blood he had seen seconds before. He thought about what he had seen before turning to the people around him.

“We gotta go now,” he stated seriously.

“You bet we do!” LiquidFire said snapped.

“No you don’t understand,” Dylan said turning towards Tamith who had suddenly gone very pale, “They’re dying, all of them.”

“Who’s dying?” Gareth asked.

“The dolphinbacks,” he replied quietly. “They’re all going to die.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Finding the sneak;)

Author:
Vorchia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:25:22 09/10/03 Wed
Author Host/IP: a26080.upc-a.chello.nl/62.163.26.80

Back at LiquidFire’s clan, seers never spoke in such a to the point manner, often saying things in cryptical ways then leaving the clanmembers to figure it all out. Altough often appearing mentally disturbed, the seers were always right when figured out correctly, Wether this had to do with the quality of their predictions or more with the random ways in which their words could be interpreted she was never sure. Apparently the human was a seer now, one who could heal himself even altough she had never heard of anything like that, there was no denying his smooth undamaged skin. “You’re going to put me out of a job there, but if you insist someone is in danger, we’ll get back to the city and pull a resque mission together. Please?” She hoped the stubborn human would be wise for once and actually get along. "Besides, the city can send out faster resque parties then humans, you are, forgive me the term, a bit slow." They pulled Dylan to his feet but the soaked boy principally didn't seem to be about to agree with something evil like a healer.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.