VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: sorry about all the muckups, here's a new starting point

Author:
stefan de velociraptor
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:04:11 09/17/03 Wed
Author Host/IP: dyn-ctb-210-9-245-130.webone.com.au/210.9.245.130

Okay, lemme get this straight

Az, Hikari, Kael, Ari and Sam are somwhere in the vicinity of the northern flats and sauropolis
Tamith, Ava, Dylan, Rico, Tates, Gareth, Mathaira and some others I’ve probably forgotten are in Chandara
Cl. Wexler and Atlas are just outside Chandara and
Lucas, Jebar, Tony and the un-named sailors (where did they all get to by the way) are in various locations around the flats
Raymond and his wing are in Waterfall City
If I got anything wrong, please correct me, it’s hard to be accurate at a brief glance. Anyways, in the light of the recent problem with my posts, I’ve asked Az to kill the two ones that are in conflict and I am now back in Chandara. Right. Hit the restart button and let’s get going again.

Gareth sat moodily on his bed, fingering Shaura quietly, pinging his nails against the razor blade of the katana. It had taken them most of the night to half wrestle and half coerce dylan back to the inn and the boy was still making so much noise that not even Gareth could get to sleep. He folded his cloak on the bedside and stepped out onto the balcony, looking up into the pale light of the moon. Gareth always felt more peaceful at night, the quiet sounds of waves crashing in the distance and the silvery feel of the night air calming his normally bouncing thoughts to a slow, meditative consistency. He turned everything Dylan had said over in his mind, analysing even the tone of the boy’s voice. He wondered what he should do, every muscle in his body was aching to just sprint out of the Inn and head for the flats at a good pace. He couldn’t figure it out. How had Dylan’s cuts healed, how had he figured out something that might be happening over a hundred miles away. Gareth sighed, it was to much for him to ponder on. There was no rational explanation he could come to, short of breaking every scientific law he had ever heard of.
He was about to turn around when he felt a hand lightly touch his shoulder. Before he could stop himself he ducked downwards, spun and placed a tightened finger spread on the person’s larynx. Tamith almost fell over backwards as she stepped back, glaring angrily
“What was that for!?”
Gareth blushed.
“Sorry, force of habit. Try not to sneak up on me like that, I didn’t even hear you coming. Must be losing my touch.”
“You’re going to lose something else more important if you don’t watch it there, you almost gave me a heart attack!”
“I’ll try not to next time. I can’t promise anything though, old habits die hard and you had to be quick in the colonies”
Tamith raised an eyebrow inquiringly “colonies?”
“oh! No, don’t worry about it. Long time ago. Anyway, why did you come sneaking into my room in the middle of the night?”
Tamith fingered her throat “not long enough, evidently. I wanted you to come up to Dylan’s room and talk to him. Goodness knows what’s gone wrong with him, but I’m worried about him. He almost threw himself out the window at one point and it’s taking all Liquidfire can do to keep him from running straight back to the flats. I don’t know what it is, but something’s gone seriously wrong. I’ve never seen him like this before. I thought you might be able to help, considering you’re sort of the official caretaker for the region” Gareth sighed
“Okay, I’ll have a talk to him. I’m not going to get much sleep anyway with this racket going on. With that he walked to the door and opened it, turning to Tamith as he left
“And I’d appreciate it if you could figure out some sort of search party if you really think it’s that bad, we can’t rely on the skycore, they have more important things to do and the Chandarans are still clearing up after the storm. I think it’s going to be just us and maybe a few of the others if possible. Oh, and I might be able to find a little help around here somewhere if we need it”

In the centre of the city paki’tar stood on the steps of the senate house of Chandara, gazing into the floodlit depths of the great fountain that was the heart of Chandara. Neptune stared haughtily down from his lofty position, gouts of brilliant water shooting from his upraised trident. The deinonychus was troubled. In his entire speakership he had never received a group of Dolphinbacks before and now he received a message that Dylan had been discovered swimming in the ocean in the middle of the night yelling that they were all going to die. He wondered briefly why this sort of thing always happened to him. First storms then prophets. What next?
He sighed and walked back into the senate, the huge building brilliantly lit, as always, by the small sunstone that sat in its Atlas cradle in the roof of the foyer. A few humans and dinosaurs were still visible in the balconies, either engaged in a book or meditating, though some were praying in the small booths near the roof. The senate house was not only the political heart of Chandara, but the social, educational and religious one also.
He felt completely exhausted after spending the day and most of the night alternately organising aid for the town, aiding in the repairs himself or welcoming the new arrivals to his city. Paki wandered back into his office and sat down on his couch, pulling a roll of parchment from under his desk as he did so. Producing a quill from the leather harness he usually wore, he began to write a quick letter to the authorities in Sauropolis, asking them for a few supplies needed for the repair of the sauropod barn and alerting them to the coming of another group of Dolphinbacks. That done, he got up, rubbed his eyes and promptly collapsed to the ground, wheezing gently in his sleep

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I *will* post!! don't worry;) sorry I've been so busy lately....

Author:
Tamith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:01:49 09/28/03 Sun
Author Host/IP: atl-tgn-yes-vty12.as.wcom.net/216.192.178.12

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Reply!!! yep! finally!

Author:
Tamith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:02:13 10/10/03 Fri
Author Host/IP: atl-tgn-ydg-vty19.as.wcom.net/216.192.180.19

Dylan watched the semi cloudy sky from his room’s window. It looked like the storm was finally clearing away from Dinotopian skies. Ironically enough, the people around him had finally gotten the message and cleared off from him too. It was strange for him to feel so antisocial. He couldn’t think of a single occasion in the past where he had longed to be alone with his thoughts rather than share his troubles with a friend. Perhaps it was the fact that nothing quite like this had actually happened to him before either that had set the curious shift in his mood. Tamith had come to talk to him but he had asked her to leave him alone. She had looked confused but agreed to his wish. So much was going through his mind at the moment that what he truly needed was time to think.

It shouldn’t have come to as a surprise to him what had happened, such occurrences were common in his family but it had. It had always been a toy to him more than anything else, nothing serious had come from it. Yes, it had come in extremely handy on several occasions and he had managed to save the life of someone dear to him because of it, but it had always come to him in a pacific way, not like it had happened earlier that night.

His head felt like it might split in two. He still didn’t know what to make of the visions he had seen, but he was sure they were true. Logically he was worried for the new arrivals, but what could he do? Yes, a group of them was here, yet the others weren’t. Had what he seen been regarding those here, or there? Or both? For some odd reason he felt the later was true. If he had just taken the time to train his mind to understand this better he might have...

Soft knocking on the door interrupted his thoughts and he felt something burn inside of him. He just wanted peace to think, was that too much to ask for? Grimacing he made up his mind on what to do. If he couldn’t find peace here, then he’d go somewhere he could. He opened the door and walked past Gareth who looked at him startled when he just walked past him and down the stairs. He felt a swift pang of guilt, after all, these people were just worried for him. However this wasn’t something he’d just talk about and there were many things he had to sort out with himself. He made his way around the shadows of the inn making sure he wasn’t seen until he reached the backdoor and exited. He made his way into the barn sat down next to his partner. Karua noticed his presence and also his strange mood and nudge him comfortingly. Dylan rested his head on his partner’s side and smiled thinly. Karua offered his support understanding his need to be alone. He closed his eyes thankfully and lost himself in the labyrinth of his mind. When he had put himself together, then he’d go and apologize for his strange behavior. For now, however, he’d focus on himself before he aided others.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.