VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:19:35 03/13/17 Mon
Author: HerbertMcHoover
Subject: Sarah Jessica Parker / R.E.M. - November 12, 1994 (20.5)
In reply to: Stooge 's message, "Retro Reviews - March 2017" on 05:01:55 03/02/17 Thu

Decision 94: *
The only funny part about the cold open was the person yelling at Elliott in the beginning. I also thought it was random how Chris played some random character. I would regret this whole thing too.

Monologue: DUD
SJP wasn't lying when she said this whole week was bad. The Ellen Cleghorne comment by Spade was the only good thing in the monologue, which featured the song "Tomorrow."

Eterna Rest: DUD
Nothing worse than a dead start.

Good Morning Brooklyn: *
Sandler and Farley (I guess...) were the only good parts about this first installment of the sketch.

Nice and Naughty Guitarists: DUD
SJP looks almost like a ghost with her makeup in the monologue and in this sketch. This sketch gets a lot of recognition for all the wrong reasons and it an early contender for Worst of the Year.

At least REM was good as usual.

Weekend Update: ***
Best Norm jokes were: voting, snake man, taxi cab appreciation week, Tom Cruise, Liza Minelli/hip replacement, George Foreman.

Norm refers to the "fake news" for the first time this Update. Aside from that, the only highlight of Gil Graham's commentary was the dwarfs.

Confucius: 1/2*
Confucius dragged on for a while. Farley should've just told one joke, but was three really necessary? His laugh was kinda funny toward the end. Why did they bring it back to Gapardy?

The Casting Couch: DUD
The Casting Couch was supposed to be a talk show? I had no idea until they started answering questions. The sketch really died off toward the end. The audience didn't laugh for the last thirty seconds.

The Munchkins: 1/2*
The infamous The Munchkins with the expensive set. Not funny at all. You can thank Garofolo for ruining a lot of it. Her whole downer personality brought down the entire sketch. I'll give it half a star, since it was so fascinating and it almost summed up the season.

Another REM song. They were really looking for ways to kill time, like the Mr. Mike tribute. The few lines Bill had before the tribute were funnier than 95 percent of the show.

Episode MVP: R.E.M.

Final Thoughts:
The scary part about watching this and getting an overall rating less than 1 is that I know there are worse shows to come.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.