VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:24:53 04/13/17 Thu
Author: and "Greenberg"
Subject: "Noah" is Noah Baumbach, the director of "The Squid and The Whale"
In reply to: Stooge 's message, "Paul Rudd / Beyonce - November 15, 2008 (S34 E8)" on 12:07:08 04/13/17 Thu

You can see his directing credit for this film on his IMDB page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000876/

That "Everyone's a Critic" sketch was great and very Michael O'Donoghue-ish. I remember thinking at the time it would have been funny if they had gone full "Atomic Lobsters" with it and made the painting a recurring thing throughout the show. Like have the film just end with the suicide montage. Then later in the episode, after a few sketches have passed and people have forgotten about the film, start a talk show sketch (with Casey as the host). She could introduce Paul Rudd in character as himself and he could come out. She'd be like "Now you have something to promote today?" and he'd say "Yeah, I don't know if you remember this painting" and bring out the painting. Casey goes into violent shock and the sketch could end like with one of those "We'll be right back" cards, as if the show (or SNL itself) is having technical difficulties or the cameraman has died too. SNL rarely does anything that crazy (although I guess they have a few times in the recent past with Will Forte's "Closet Organizer" commercial and the "Z-shirt" sketch).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Its funny how with Wiig on the show its like Lorne didnt want any other woman on the show (NT) -- to succeed. all the ladies brought from like 2008-2012 (were afterthoughts.then wiig left, girls tookover), 12:53:47 04/13/17 Thu
  • Thats the difference between Kate McKinnon and Wiig. Kates much more of a team player (NT) -- and works with all the other ladies a lot. Wiig mostly (was a one woman show with all her LOOKIT ME! stuff), 12:55:00 04/13/17 Thu
    VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.