VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:49:40 04/27/17 Thu
Author: so different from his days on SNL as the loud crazy fat guy (then I saw him address it in this interview)
Subject: I thought it was odd how whenever I see Horatio in stuff now he seems so subdued and not as funny
In reply to: seems like they gave him the most useless role on the show 's message, "And most surprising was Horatio was the weakest part of it, not totally his fault" on 11:35:19 04/27/17 Thu

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/why-horatio-sanzs-broke-out-laughing-during-sketches-at-snl.html

How has your comedy changed since leaving the show? Specifically, after you left the show, you stopped drinking, you lost weight, you grew a very nice beard. Did that affect how you saw yourself as a performer and how audiences saw you as a performer?

I became a lot more serious about myself and I became less — this is going to sound fake — but I became less big, as I became less big. I lost weight and I started wearing glasses and I started not going for the same joke. I was being invited to audition for stuff that was the “dumb fat guy” stuff and I was like, Well, I don’t want to be the dumb fat guy. In life I’m not trying to be the dumb fat guy, so why am I trying to do it onstage? When I lost the weight, I kept improvising. I was still doing shows every week at UCB. And my comedy was probably getting a little less physical and getting a little less big. I can do the big stuff, but let me try to get words. Let me try to get laughs with words and thoughts.

Intersting interview, I think a lot of it came from that podcast that was posted here a month or so back. Seems nowadays he's mostly trying to distance himself from the goofball who always broke during scenes with Jimmy Fallon on SNL. At least we still kinda get the old Horatio on podcasts, still think he does hilarious stuff on CBB and improv4humans. It's too bad nobody can find funnier roles for him to do on TV anymore though.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.