VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:06:20 05/21/17 Sun
Author: dur the second half
Subject: I feel the show ha d a very strong first half and then stumbled
In reply to: Jurb 's message, "Episode 829: The Live Discussion Thread - Our Season Finale, or: "Farewell, Bobby & Vanessa"" on 23:12:13 05/20/17 Sat

We had a very enjoyable monologue with Dwayne Johnson joining the 5-Timers Club. And, it was great tto see Tom Hanks again this season as well as Hanks finally getting a funny interaction with Baldwin after their pairing-up in the "Sully" sketch from October to be a significant let-down. Also, DAVID S. PUMPKINS returned!!

I enjoyed the wresting promo sketch sequel for what it was. It was nice to see that Bobby and Johnson still had their great chemistry intact.

I also liked the "Gemma" sketch as well, only due to the change in scenery. Instead of it being the four of them gathered in a restaurant or a dining area, they changed it up and had them at a Six Flag's ride. I liked the novelty of the background screen as well as the bobbling dinosaur head spraying water. Also, I laughed at the sketch's closing line-- "Goodbye Gene's Wife". Kind of a humorous Vanessa Bayer send-off line in some form.

Also, Update was pretty fun with the return of Vanessa Bayer's Weather lady character as well as one last go-around with "Drunk Uncle". I'm happy that Vanessa and Bobby each got to play one of their most well-received Update characters one last time.

And, I did find the "RKO Studios", "Mad Scientist Awards" sketches, as well as even the "Wingman" sketch to be lacking. But, Dwayne Johnson gave an amiable performances in each of them as did Vanessa Bayer, Bobby Moynihan, and Beck Bennett respectfully. Though the writing wasn't great, their performances were very good.

All in all, I though this season finale was good. We got some good cameos and Bobby and Vanessa each got a good amount of screentime for their final show. And, Dwayne Johnson was great as always.

And, lastly, as some people were wondering yesterday afternoon, I do not get the feeling that Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider are leaving this season. If last night happened to be their last show, I feel ALL of the sketches would have been very good and there would not have been as big of a James Anderson/ Sublette presence in some of the sketches we saw last night. I feel that if Kelly and Schneider are leaving after last night, the episode would have a more epic feeling throughout the entire ninety-minute run-time. Plus, I feel as if Kate McKinnon would have been used a little bit more than she was last night. Aside from the opening, I do not think she appeared at all.

These are just my thoughts about last night's show.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• People who went to the dress/live show seem to think Sasheer is leaving too for some (NT) -- reason. I guess she probably wouldn't get a sendoff, 09:30:17 05/21/17 Sun
  • She was carried off stage, just like Bobby and Vanessa after the show. (NT) -- http://imgur.com/a/txm8V (HerbertMcHoover), 10:51:30 05/21/17 Sun
  • I'm surprised this isnt Pete's final season. (NT) -- or is he an A. Whitney Brown type now where his only (significant appearances are appearing on WU), 12:33:42 05/21/17 Sun
    VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.